Seeking an experienced mid-level Senior Cisco Network Engineer to support the NASA Office of Chief Information Officer (OCIO) Communications Program (CP) under the NASA Advanced Enterprise Global Information Technology (IT) Solutions (AEGIS) contract. This job requires working closely with key Office of Chief Information Officer (OCIO) Communications Program customers, project managers, project leads, and technical SMEs on implementing Cisco’s Secure Network Analytics (formerly Stealthwatch) platform across NASA’s corporate network. Experience designing, configuring, testing, and deploying Secure Network Analytics (Stealthwatch) is required.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
- Assist in deployment of data stores for enterprise level visibility and control, integrations with ICAM (SAML, OAuth/OIDC, etc.) and secure logging integrations with Splunk (as necessary)
- Serve as the Stealthwatch application expert during the 7120.7 system engineering technical reviews and continue after Stealthwatch project deployment activities
- Serve as key Stealthwatch application owner, ensuring the application is used to the maximum extent possible supporting cybersecurity and networking groups within NASA.
- Evaluate overall Secure Network Analytics (Stealthwatch) requirements to ensure final design and configurations support NASA requirements
- Ensure design / deployment of product meets NASA network engineering and security standards
- Provision Stealthwatch Management Console, Secure Network Analytics Manager, Flow Sensors, Flow Collectors, Data Brokers, and Network TAPs
- Assist in the creation and deployment of device groups for monitoring, reporting and control
- Recommend computing environment vulnerability corrections.
- Conduct research, analysis, and correlation across a wide variety of all source data sets (indications and warnings).
- Work with Cybersecurity policies to design and implement network and security rules and configurations across various security platforms.
- Characterize and analyze network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network resources.
- Discover and escalate incidents (including event's history, status, and potential impact for further action) that may cause ongoing and immediate impact to the environment.
- Train and mentor other engineers and analysts as needed.
- Provide cybersecurity recommendations to leadership based on significant threats and vulnerabilities.
- Work closely with NASA customers to develop product use cases for analysis, monitoring and control of various endpoints connecting to the corporate network.
- Work closely with network and cybersecurity engineers to create policies and reports as needed.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Bachelor's degree and 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting Cisco products as an engineer is required.
- Possess one or more Cisco Security Certifications
- Possess one or more vendor neutral security certifications (e.g.; Security +, CISM, CISSP)
- Subject Matter Expert knowledge in Cisco Stealthwatch and/or Software Defined Access (SDA) technologies and capabilities
- Subject Matter Expert knowledge in Cisco networking implications and dependencies
- Subject Matter Expert knowledge of network micro and macro segmentation concepts
- Subject Matter Expert knowledge of IPv4 / IPv6 constructs
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.