The Leidos Civil Group currently has an Air Traffic Instructor opening supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) program in its Oklahoma City location.
This position will provide instructor support to the FAA Academy. Our instructors provide technical expertise on the concepts and principles contained in FAA Orders and Directives as well as training on the automation used to support Air Traffic operations.
Duties will involve a wide range of functions involved in the development, maintenance, and instruction of training courses.
Develop and update course training materials including lesson plans, PowerPoint slides, laboratory exercises, training handouts, computer-based training, and other required training materials.
- Reproduce the required training materials, orders, and manuals used in conducting the training courses. All training development and instruction will comply with FAA Academy guidelines.
- Instructs FAA Academy students in Air Traffic procedures and phraseology via classroom and simulator instruction.
- Develops and revises lesson plans as well as simulation exercises.
- Acts as an Air Traffic subject matter expert by applying advanced technical concepts in the area of aviation and providing assistance in the creation of training material.
- Assists in the preparation of schedules, maintenance of training records and ensures that course standards, training requirements, and objectives are met by each student.
- Evaluates and monitors student's performance.
Former FAA Air Traffic Controller with knowledge of current FAA and International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) practices and procedures.
- BS and 8+ years of related experience
- Providing FAA Academy classroom instruction concerning the following material: maintaining separation in a tower environment, sequencing arrivals and departures; working instrument and visual traffic, maintaining control of airport ramps, taxiways, and other movement areas; and experience with FAA Air Traffic
- On-the-Job Training to include vectoring, speed control, approach clearances, and emergency situations.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience teaching from FAA computer-generated, high-fidelity lab scenarios.
- Experience teaching and knowledge of FAA and practices and procedures and phraseology to international participants.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent customer service skills necessary to interact with senior level management and internal and external customers, as well as foster an environment of cooperation between different departments and co-workers.
- Able to work, manage, and maintain information stored in a Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN)/SharePoint site(s).
- Excellent communication skills, to include both verbal and written.
- A degree in Aeronautical, Aviation or Air Traffic Control career field
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.