Leidos Corporate Information Security (CIS) has an opening for a Business Information Security Officer (BISO) to support our defense markets. In this role the successful candidate will represent CIS interests to their assigned areas of responsibility as well as advocating on behalf of their customers for improvements in secure business operations. This “inside out” position will include executing two primary roles. This role will drive the execution of information security policy and cyber risk management activities in their area of responsibility including all CIS processes and strategic/tactical security improvement initiatives. They may be called upon to support liaison requirements during security incidents. Additionally, this position will be responsible to support marketing, business capture and program support requirements requested of CIS. This is an exciting role providing both opportunity to demonstrate excellence in supporting the business, while also exhibiting expertise delivering internal cyber security support services. Regular meetings in the Washington, DC metropolitan area should be expected.
- Provide senior leadership to Leidos Defense group for the implementation of Leidos information security policy, procedures, and standards throughout their business.
- Direct the execution of all Leidos security processes to support business objectives; work between CIS and Group to ensure documentation completeness and quality of engineering work.
- Governor of cyber risk consistent with delegated authority.
- Proactively identify information security deficiencies or opportunities for improvement to better enable business security. Facilitate the development of pragmatic solutions across Corporate Information Security.
- Provide communication or escalation path for information security issues identified by Corporate Information Security or the Defense Groups themselves.
- Provide regular, timely reporting on the information security status across the supported business groups.
- Support acquisition due diligence for information security risks and support control design for integration.
- Participate in Defense Group reporting requirements, monthly/quarterly status meetings and offsites as appropriate.
- Assist Defense Groups in managing and preventing cyber incidents and providing incident coordination as required.
- Provide subject matter expertise on various global cyber threats to Defense Group leadership.
- Facilitate and direct support to business support and growth initiatives including marketing engagements, proposals and short-term program support in all areas of cyber defense.
- Represent Senior Director, Cyber Enablement at meetings and act on behalf of as requested.
- This is a senior position requiring demonstrable senior level performance combined with education and/or applicable work experience (approximately 15+ years combined)
- Direct experience with US defense markets or transferrable experience with other US government markets.
- A thorough understanding of security requirements associated with doing work with defense agencies, such as Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN), 1901 Group, Strategic Central Biometric Platform (SCBP), and NATO.
- Ability to evaluate the cyber risk of technical solutions through the analysis of architectural documents
- Active US security clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.