Leidos has an immediate need for an experienced Executive Administrative Assistant to support the Senior Vice President (SVP) of the Logistics and Mission Support Operation within the Defense Group. This position is located in our Reston, VA Headquarters. The candidate will regularly interact with executive and senior management and staff, Leidos staff and outside entities. The candidate will perform a broad range of administrative tasks, to include managing schedules, preparing correspondence, coordinating meeting logistics, preparing expense reports, and coordinating travel. Occasional overtime may be required.
This position is fully onsite at our Reston Headquarters.
- Provide strategic executive administrative support to the SVP and VPs within the Defense Group
- Perform advanced administrative assignments requiring a high level of competency in office procedures and detailed knowledge of Leidos’ organization, procedures, and operations
- Manage complex calendars with an understanding of which activities are most appropriate for the allocation of the SVP’s time
- Prepare and reconcile expense reports and manage and coordinate meeting arrangements and travel plans for both domestic and global travel
- Engage with Leidos senior leaders and external senior executives (customer and contractor partners), which requires a significant amount of explanation, clarification, and diplomacy
- Compose emails, letters, and other correspondence; handle the highest level of confidential information
- Work independently, exercise considerable discretion and be forward thinking in managing executive activities such as speaking engagements, meetings, client relationships, research, and all executive duties as required
- Prioritize and carry out special projects and complex assignments as needed, exercising frequent independent judgment, initiative, and tact
- Coordinate special events as needed
- High School degree and 5+ years of experience providing executive administration support in a corporate environment for executive level leaders.
- Present a positive and personable demeanor with an ability to interact and relate well with both external and internal contacts at all levels, up to and including executives and customers.
- Ability to work effectively with key administrative personnel across the enterprise.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, sound decision-making and prioritization ability, and attention to detail are critical.
- Excellent calendar management skills including the ability to coordinate complex executive meetings. Must have a mastery of Microsoft Outlook including Teams and other communication channels.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint required.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a commitment to completion of projects on a timely basis.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to diagnose and resolve complex issues.
- Must be able to provide in person support.
- US Citizenship with the ability to potentially obtain a security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration is preferred.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.