At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable practices. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Employees enjoy career enrichment opportunities available through mobility and development and experience rewarding relationships with supportive supervisors and talented colleagues and customers. Your most important work is ahead.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is looking to fill a Systems Admin/Engineer – Virtualization SME position within the Analysis Solutions Division (ASD) to support the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC). The Virtualization SME will bring extensive knowledge and experience in virtualization management, optimizing performance, reliability, and elasticity as the primary VMware Systems Administrator. This Individual will use vCenter to create standardized virtual machine baseline configurations, clones, and resource pools to allow users to manage their environment, ensure security compliance, and maintain platform elasticity for surge requirements. This role configures and manages the Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) to balance workloads, and decommissions unused virtual machines (VMs) to maximize resource availability. The Customer utilizes an Agile Framework to plan and successfully complete all initiatives. The work location is in Bethesda at the Intelligence Community Campus.
- Perform as primary VMware Systems Administrator
- Build, maintain and migrate a variety of physical and virtual systems to on-premises, cloud, or hybrid infrastructures
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients
- Plans and directs upgrades of hosting services (such as hypervisors) and related operating systems
- Administer, operate, manage and maintain components for on-premises and cloud-based virtualized systems
- Develop and produce documentation, SOPs, reports, and presentation slide decks
- Communicates effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences (both contractor and federal government employees)
- Establish and maintain strong relationship with government customer
- Basic Qualifications
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of relevant experience, additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience supervising others.
- Strong working knowledge of virtual technologies including VMware; including configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience with data center installation/upgrades for VMware environments to include vCenter and ESXi hypervisors
- Skilled in one or more of the following: VMware vRealize Automation, AWS/Azure/Cloud Technology, Kubernetes platforms (OpenShift, VMware Tanzu), DevSecOps
- Experience with migrating workloads from on-premises environments into clouds such as AWS or Azur
- Experience with developing baseline configurations for ESXi hosts including the implementation and maintenance of security standards, specifically DISA STIGs
- Experience automating routine tasks via PowerShell
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives
- Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP along with an appropriate computing environment (CE) certification)
- TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph required
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Certification relating to VMware (VCA/VCP)
- Knowledge of AWS or Azure cloud services and the cloud ecosystem.
- Experience operating and maintaining systems in a Windows environment
- Experience with SAN or network storage setup and administration
- Relevant NMEC focused experience or agency knowledge
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.