Continuous Improvement Lead
Programme Name: LCST
Join our UK Team who are committed to a Mission!
The Logistics, Commodities and Services Transformation Programme (LCST) Continuous Improvement Lead (CIL) is an established role to identify, lead, and execute continuous improvement projects utilising Lean and Six Sigma methods to deliver quantified improvements in the End to End Supply Chain (E2E SC). This includes performing business assessment, planning, facilitation, execution of events, and delivering sustained improvements.
The CIL is an integral member of the Joint Operations Management Office (JOMO) team that overseas the activities of the LCST business units to maintain and improve E2E operational effect. The CIL chairs the Business Process Working Group (BPWG) that drives the Continuous Improvement Strategy, improves integration across the programme and manages the implementation of business process change. The CIL champions a Continuous Improvement culture within the LCST programme.
The appointment requires the character and influence to develop mutual respect and professional relationships to deliver collaborative effect.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Chair the BPWG, creating an environment where participants are encouraged to present ideas, identify improvement projects and discuss solutions;
- Encourage cross functional learning and leveraging of best practices;
- Ownership of the Cross Systems Data Book.
- Generate measurement and assessment tools to evaluate potential areas for formal Continuous Improvement;
- Work with senior stakeholders to identify organisational change and process improvements;
- Provide support to improvement leaders for evaluating the operational and financial value of projects.
- Ensure business processes are documented with performance measures in place;
- Monitor process delivery performance metrics, including contractual deliverables, to identify potential failures and improvement opportunities;
- Drive adherence of process mapping to the agreed Business System Architecture.
- Identify and deliver continuous improvement projects and demonstrate sustained improvements through monitoring performance pre and post improvements;
- Identify barriers to progressing improvement projects and providing guidance to remove barriers;
- Develop a suite of tools and techniques to drive continuous improvement.
5. Training and Coaching:
- Deliver Lean Six Sigma White and Yellow Belt training;
- Provide support and mentorship to White Belt and Yellow Belt improvement leaders;
- Provide continuous improvement leadership to members of the BPWG;
- Identify reward and recognition opportunities for individuals/teams.
Key Result Areas:
- Lead in delivering of an E2E SC focused BPWG that supports the Operations Working Group.
- Assist in generating effective collaborative working relationships across LCST.
- Document top level Business Processes created or amended as a consequence of Transformation Change Request, or On-Contract Growth.
- Identify gaps in future processes and plan mitigation processes, including approval for new cross functional business processes.
- Maintain the LCST Cross Systems Data Book.
- Identify cross functional training needs for users affected by new processes.
- Support the JOMO team in driving E2E SC improvements.
- Develop the CIL role and fully integrate the post in to the JOMO team.
- Experience in leading projects and successful issue management within the business process engineering, business or manufacturing/logistics arenas
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt working towards a green belt certification
- Data Analysis skills with ability to process large data sets, drawing conclusions and providing effective visualisations to summarise key information
- Strong organisational and communication skills (written and verbal) with a proven ability to influence
- Exposure to IT systems development, including the systems development life cycle and different types of systems architecture and infrastructure would be advantageous.
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
Discover yourself at Leidos UK! Join our team and we’ll unleash your talents to solve the most challenging technical problems.
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.