The Leidos provides a diverse portfolio contract opportunity that will unify the Defense Enclave Services and the DOD Fourth Estate Defense Agencies and Field Activities’ common use information technology systems, personnel, functions, and program elements under the direction of DISA’s Fourth Estate Network Optimization program office. This position is for an IT Change Management Specialist to be part of a team that coordinates and facilitates IT changes across the operations environment. This is a highly customer-facing role with excellent exposure to engineering, and operational processes as you communicate across impacted organizations. Your ideas, suggestions and concerns will be welcomed, especially to streamline processes and strengthen performance and practices. The role requires excellent oral and written communication skills with a responsive and problem-solving mindset.
- Coordinate day-to-operations of the Change Management team at the direction of the Lead Change Control Specialist
- Support enterprise production environment with change request processing and evaluation, coordinate approved service interruptions through the Change process, and shepherd requests through the Change Advisory Board
- Manage the assessment, approval, implementation, and review of changes in a controlled manner to enable beneficial changes with reduced risk and minimal disruption to IT services.
- Responsible for facilitating the change control process, to include overseeing each step and approval, working with customer counterpart, attending customer meetings, and ensuring compliance of the technical implementation teams for all changes to the IT infrastructure and processes.
- Prepare Request for Change (RFC) packages in accordance with change management process documentation. Ensure RFCs are submitted, compliant, vetted, and approved for a service interruption and visible through the portal repository.
- Coordinate the approval of necessary approved software list and approved hardware list updates before RFC submittal.
- Manage the change process for various change types to include Standard, Normal, and Emergency changes and approval cycles,
- Conduct post-implementation of change review before closing change.
- Multitask and manage competing priorities.
- Manage work to required service metrics and assist the team in achieving and maintaining compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to achieve day-to-day objectives, engaging SMEs when needed, to drive work to closure on-time.
- Document new and update existing procedures in approved knowledge base format.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of relevant experience. Four (4) years of progressively higher enterprise IT experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree and 2 years of experience.
- Ability to apply standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques of change control management in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Effective written and oral communicator with the ability to capture action items in a clear, concise manner, as well as influence team leaders regarding solutions and approaches.
- Must be able to hold and maintain a Secret clearance.
- Advanced skills with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Experience in DOD environment
- Experience developing or managing change control processes.
- ServiceNow Change, Incident, Asset, and Problem module experience.
- ITIL Foundations certificate
- IAT Level I Certification, such as CompTia A+
Pay Range:Pay Range $46,800.00 - $72,000.00 - $97,200.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.