The Leidos Intelligence Division is seeking a Software Engineer/Developer with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance to support a highly visible fast paced prime contract in the Fort Meade, MD area. You will enjoy great benefits such as 4 or more weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support, Parental Paid Leave, and a sign on bonus.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis. The Prototype Development Support program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer’s Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, this program looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment. Click here to learn how our program “Delivers Mission Success!” and a list of all our amazing opportunities
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide technical support to the Persona Analytics section. Support shall include loading data from various computer media into the Persona Analytic's local storage system; entering background data in the internal database; and initiating automated processing scripts.
• Initiate Forensics processing scripts (run via Linux command line)
• Input and/or update background data in the internal E&F tracking database
• Initiate automated processing for E&F tracking database
• Copy images from a server to local storage
• Troubleshoot and communicate with customers if data is corrupted or incompatible
• Most work is during core business hours of normal business days; after hours surge efforts and on-call efforts.
• Performs research on current and future technology trends
• Identifies and analyzes new technologies and methods to assist near-term and medium-term Strategic technology development Initiatives
Two plus (2+) years of Systems Administration experience, with preferably one year of experience with systems administration in a Linux environment. The candidate shall have technical experience/knowledge of shell script development and debugging, VMWare and/or virtual box, backup methods and backup formats.
Meet all qualifications associated with IAT Level I, to include one or more of these certifications:
· A+ CE
· Network+ CE
• Experience using Linux command line interface
• Understanding of file systems (concept of files/folders/symbolic links/permissions, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_Hierarchy_Standard, commands like “file" + “mount", what is FAT/NTFS/etc.)
• Able to write basic shell scripts (e.g. bash, csh, etc.), (create some variables, pass them as parameters to system commands and Perl scripts)
• Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communications skill
• Must demonstrate the ability to work independently or under general direction
• General application and operating system trouble shooting experience
• Must be detail-oriented
These skills are a plus:
• Understanding of Windows files systems
• Experience debugging Perl (at least enough to figure out what input parameters are needed in case the original instructions for how to call the PERL code aren't completely right)
• Experience with open source or COTS forensics tools like eNcase, FTKImager, TestDisk, other things on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_digital_forensics_tools
• Knowledge of Endpoint and Forensics section
• Must possess strong analytic skills
Pay Range:Pay Range $25,350.00 - $39,000.00 - $52,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.