Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as paid time off (PTO), flexible schedules, discounted stock purchase plans, unlimited education and training support, parental paid leave and more! If this sounds like a place you can thrive, keep reading!
The Cyber & SIGINT Solutions Operation at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Computer Scientist that will provide full system and software life-cycle support for incremental software functionality, web/graphic user interface development, and database support. Seeking a self-starter, who is resourceful, thinks out of the box and can work both independently, as well as part of a team. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field and eight (8) years of prior relevant software development experience or master’s degree with nine (9) years of relevant Software development lifecycle experience.
- Five (5) years of Java development experience.
- Experience with Java Frameworks (Spring, Hibernate).
- Intermediate experience with Angular Interface Development.
- Within the last seven (7) years, a minimum of five (5) years’ experience with designing, coding, testing, and debugging software to run under either Microsoft (XP or later) or UNIX (Solaris 8 or later, Redhat Linux Operating system).
- Within the last 7 years, a minimum of 5 years’ experience in at least one (1) of the specializations:
- Programming/Scripting Languages: Individual shall have designed, coded, tested, and debugged software written in C, C++, Java, PERL, TCL/TK, PYTHON, BOURNE shell, C shell, BASH, KORN shell, Groovy, PL/SQL, SQL, PHP.
- Database Management: Individual shall have experience in object-oriented or relational database design, development, troubleshooting, and testing, and management system experience with SYBASE, ORACLE, or MySQL. Experience shall include use of PL/SQL, Oracle Dataguard, Oracle 11g, SQL Server, Oracle Label Security, Oracle Enterprise Manager, and/or JDBC
- Software Test/Integration: Individual shall have experience planning, developing, documenting, and executing test programs to verify system operability and compliance with project standards and requirements, writing and executing test procedures, documenting problem reports, and defining test paths. In addition, experience is required in system analysis and data flow paths.
- Systems Interfacing: Individual shall have experience designing and developing SW that interfaces to other systems, to include networks.
- Data Formatting: Individual shall have experience in design and development of specialized applications software dealing with data in the NSA standard formats (e.g., CSDF, CERF, USSID 124, ASDF) or experience programming using the manipulation re-use libraries for those formats.
- Middleware (Business Tier): Individual shall have experience with one or more of the following: Hibernate, Tomcat, Jboss, EJB3, WebLogic 8.1, Apache Log4J, Rsync, jBPM
- Frameworks: Individual shall have experience with the one or more of the following: Spring, Grails.
- XML Technologies: Individual shall have experience with the one or more of the following: JAXB, JIBX
- Development Environment: Individual shall have experience with the one or more of the following: Eclipse, ANT
Security Clearance requirement:
- All candidates must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance to be considered for this role.
- Familiar with Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira, Bamboo, Fisheye).
- Experience with Data Manipulation/Scripting (PERL, SQL, PL/SQL, EXCEL API, Shell Scripting).
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.