At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable practices. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Employees enjoy career enrichment opportunities available through mobility and development and experience rewarding relationships with supportive supervisors and talented colleagues and customers. Your most important work is ahead.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is looking to fill a Information System Security Engineer position within the Analysis Solutions Division (ASD) to support the Machine-Assisted Analytic Rapid Repository System (MARS) Data Transformation of Foundational Military Intelligence (DTMI) contract. This role associates with the system engineers and developers to ensure information security requirements are effectively implemented throughout the security architecting, design, development, configuration, and implementation processes. The CA/ISSE coordinates security related activities with the ISO, ISSM, and CCP. The CA/ISSE/SSE, with assigned responsibility from the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) or System Security Manager (SSM), will conduct system security engineering activities. The CA/ISSE will assist the ISSO/SSO in identifying the Security Control Traceability Matrix that captures and refines security requirements and ensures their integration into the IS through purposeful security design or configuration.
The CA/ISSE is responsible for designing and implementing DTMI's infrastructure or specific Information System (IS) elements. CA/ISSE responsibilities include designing, configuring, and updating instances, resources, and software packages; establishing and managing user accounts and development desktop instances; overseeing or conducting backup and recovery from recorded snapshots, and reconstitution activities; implementing controls; and adhering to and enforcing organizational security and privacy policies and procedures as dictated by the A&A team. The CA/ISSE will be responsible for developing and maintaining automation scripts and CI/CD pipeline activities include designing and implementing cloud-agnostic architectures and you will help our clients by maneuver through the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and supporting activities to ensure proper approval and accreditation is received for a state-of-the-art scalable data system.
- Build a cloud-based, innovative, and fully functional transition MIDB database on JWICS
- Establish automation processes for deployments
- Develop and maintain the CI/CD pipeline
- Support the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process within the customer for the contractor-developed transition MIDB database
- Supports the assembly, compilation, and submission of the Body of Evidence artifacts and the Security Control Traceability Matrix for the IS
- Provides essential information needed to make a risk-based decision on whether to authorize operation of an IS or designated set of common controls
- Support data transfer activities as needed
- Support source code and artifact transfers from low-to-high side as needed
- Proactively interface with customer entities such as CIO, Cyber Security Engineering Team, CODE, and others to ensure DTMI is compliant with customer-provided security guidelines
- Bachelors degree in information technology, computer science, or a related field
- A minimum of 10 years of experience within cloud technologies and A&A activities
- Deep understanding of RMF
- Proven work experience as an ISSE
- Ability to work and collaborate with team members to resolve security issues
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP along with an appropriate computing environment (CE) certification)
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph required.
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- CISSP or CASP Certification
- One or more AWS Certifications
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.