As a member of the Leidos Security Enterprise Solutions Manufacturing Organization you will be responsible for managing the manufacturing of sophisticated equipment utilized for inspection and security within airports, border crossings, and ports of entry. We have a dynamic and worldwide customer base with a broad portfolio of products.
The Manufacturing Supervisor requires someone who has a deep understanding of manufacturing operations, excellent communication skills, and the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing manufacturing environment. This is a low to mid volume with high mix type of manufacturing that will require flexible and innovative manufacturing techniques to meet business demands. In addition to managing the manufacturing team this position will partner with Engineering, Program Management, Supply Chain, and Service in daily operations.
- Lead and manage up to 20 manufacturing employees located at our Vista, CA facility
- Conduct performance reviews with regular check-ins
- Act as hiring manager for resource needs within team/department
- Maintain status information for responsible projects and products
- Manage and allocate resources as need to maintain production schedules
- Coordinate with Planning, Procurement, and Program Management to develop and maintain production schedules
- Gather pertinent information and translate into actionable task
- Effective time management with ability to identify, prioritize, and escalate risk
- Maintain and monitor key performance metrics
- Ensure all areas comply with EHS and other regulatory requirements
- Ensure all documentation and training records are maintained and updated regularly
- Associates degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- 3+ years’ experience in manufacturing engineering or operations
- 5+ years’ experience leading manufacturing teams or projects
- 3+ years’ experience with ERP tools
- Above average experience utilizing MS applications
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering
- Prior experience with the manufacturing electro-mechanical assemblies, security, or aviation related products
- Comprehensive knowledge & understanding of engineering principles
- Experience with CostPoint MRP System
- Experience with PowerBI, QuickBooks, or other data analytic systems
- Possess one of the following certifications: Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping
- Ability to solve complex problems, often and with limited information or guidance
- Ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences
- Good business acumen with ability to navigate interdepartmental relationships
- Personal sense of integrity, trust, and respect
- Strong interpersonal skills used to set and maintain positive culture
DEPARTMENT HAND OFFS & DEPENDENCIES
- Engineering, Program, Product, Quality, Service, and Sales Management
- Service Support (Service Admin, Spare Parts, Contracts, Technical Support, Training)
- Supply Chain Organization (Purchasing, Import/Export Team, Logistics Broker, Planners, Fulfillment Team)
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.
Check out this link to learn more about Security Enterprise Solutions (SES), formally known as Security Detection & Automation.
We offer flexible work arrangements and value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, exciting referral programs, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical workplace.
Pay Range:Pay Range $72,150.00 - $111,000.00 - $149,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.