Seeking a highly capable and experienced test engineer to join the Leidos team to support development and testing of maritime and undersea systems for the US Navy. Projects include undersea autonomous systems, undersea sensing and communications systems, and integration with Naval vessels and support systems. Previous DoD program-of-record experience is favored. Previous experience with electromechanical hardware, electronics, and software integrated system test is preferred
Test Engineering responsibilities include:
- Working with design engineers, production personnel, customers, and other stakeholders to identify and develop verification methods for system, subsystem, and component level requirements
- Planning, managing, and tracking project test efforts
- Developing detailed test plans, procedures, and reports
- Provide field support planning, shipboard mobilization/de-mobilization support, shipboard at-sea testing and operational support, and other field support in general.
- Overseeing and performing developmental testing and test reporting in the lab and in a marine environment.
- Leading system level qualification testing at Commercial and Government test facilities and at sea.
- Direct interaction with customers, teammates, and functional peer groups
- Skills commensurate with primary responsibilities described above.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Sciences and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or an MS with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience. Years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work without close supervision.
- Strong, effective, and professional communication (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative in troubleshooting mechanical and electrical issues; creative in determining approach or action to take in non-routine situations.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, climb ladders, and work in enclosed spaces.
- Previous experience with electromechanical hardware, electronics, and software integrated system test.
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance
- Maritime systems and/or ocean engineering experience greatly preferred.
- Prior experience with unmanned underwater vehicles and associated electronics/sensors, underwater cables/connectors, control and monitor electronics, launch and recovery subsystems, and system-to-host interfaces, including acoustic ranging and communications.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.