As a Technical Support Specialist focusing on Aviation Checkpoint Products for our Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) division in support of our customers and extensive product portfolio. Our operation has more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. This Technical Support position is responsible for providing escalated technical expertise in support of products installed base. This support includes remote troubleshooting, investigating, diagnosing and solving system configuration, software, and network issues.
The position will require:
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse work staff and customer base.
- Demonstrates initiative and dedication through positive use of downtime and an overall willingness and eagerness to consistently exceed customer and company requirements.
- Must be team oriented, flexible, actively seek to share information and assist their peers.
- Possesses solid communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to read and follow electrical/mechanical schematics to provide effective remote support in isolating fault to root cause component/assembly.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must be able to respond to emergency and non-scheduled calls for service on a daily basis within established response time goals.
- Performs site inspections / audits to ensure contract requirements are being met and that sites are operating at peak efficiency.
- Develops and maintains departmental work instructions to assist / ensure Field Service efficiency.
- Works closely with the Training department to ensure that technical courses are set to the correct / needed standard for Field Service Technicians
- When needed, act as a liaison between the Field Service and other departments / functions within the company.
- May be called upon to work on equipment that has little or no documentation or training.
- Completes all technical and administrative tasks within required deadlines.
- Documents all inspections, maintenance, repair work and submits paperwork in a timely basis
- Maintains an accurate inventory of equipment and tools assigned.
- Maintains currency on all technical certifications.
- Reviews the Customer Service Management (CRM) software for open issues and possible trends, then prepares formal reports as necessary.
- Ensures that tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated
- Assesses product/equipment performance based on field support data; recommends modifications or improvements.
- Seeks to provide technical support to Field Service and other service professionals as required.
- May participate in site audits, pilot program service activities, attend meetings, champion special projects and prepare exclusive reports.
- Possesses a high level of technical knowledge on the company’s HBS and Multiplexing technologies.
- Maintains clear and concise business communication proficiency, both oral and written
- Establishes and maintains a close relationship with other Technical Support teams, Regional and Product Managers in order to support the needs of the customer and remain aware of current technical trends.
- Exercises every available measure to control and minimize costs while maximizing revenue.
- Must submit expenses, timecards and other administrative tasks within the specified timelines.
- Travel, overtime and work hours other than Monday-Friday will be required.
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
- Comply with all applicable U.S. export control and security regulations.
- May be expected to assist in the preparation of operator and maintenance documentation, training, and may provide training to others as an instructor.
- Other duties as required.
- Engineering degree in related field (industrial, electrical, electronic, mechanical). Equivalence achieved through comparative work and life experience is acceptable (>10 years work experience in a related electrical or mechanical field service role). Preferably including certification in networking or systems integration (A+, CCNA, or similar).
- Minimum of 8 years experience directly involved in troubleshooting and field repair of advanced/integrated electrical and electronic systems and equipment.
- Computer literacy; competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite and aptitude for learning specialized software programs.
- Individuals shall possess excellent communications skills and have a strong orientation for customer focus and teamwork.
- Must be responsive to all customer issues at all times.
- Must be willing & able to travel at short notice.
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.