The ideal candidate shall:
- Function as a clinical laboratory technician for the Naval Infectious Diseases Diagnostic Laboratory; is fully expected to help maintain standards and requirement for College of American Pathologist (CAP) accreditation and all institutional regulatory requirements.
- Perform clinical laboratory assays for infectious diseases in an accurate and timely manner following written standard operating procedures (SOPs). Accurately perform all quality testing to insure accuracy of results as specified by regulatory agencies and supervisory review.
- Responsible for handling personally identifiable information (PII) relevant to patient care following Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) standards.
- Conduct in laboratory research projects, including collection and organization of data, generating reports, presentations, and manuscripts. Make detailed observations about experiments and troubleshoots assays in compliance with the quality management plan.
- Actively pursue new diagnostics and take a lead role in helping develop and validate new diagnostic assays to be used for patient care.
- Lead in the preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols.
- Maintain clear and accurate laboratory records, inventories, and logbooks.
- Perform data entry for assays and projects and maintain databases.
- Maintain supplies in the laboratory and keep the laboratory area clean.
- Provide basic data analysis and interpretation.
- Work is to be performed on a government installation. The normal work week is Monday - Friday 0800 to 1630.
- Masters degree in Molecular Biology, Biology, Biochemistry or equivalent discipline is required.
- Minimum Experience: 2+ years virology laboratory experience required.
- The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a SECRET classification access level. Preference will be given to a candidate who already has this clearance level.
- Due to Federal contract requirements, US citizenship is required.
- Willing and able to endure long periods of standing and sitting as well as handling various chemicals
- Experience in Virology desirable.
- Clinical laboratory experience and ASCP Certification is a plus.
Naval Health East - NHE
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.