Leidos is hiring a Vice President of Business Development and Strategy for our Enterprise and Cyber Solutions Operation, based in Reston, VA.
The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation solves mission-critical IT challenges for our Defense customers. Leidos’ E&CS Operation makes the world safer and more efficient through the delivery of transformative IT and engineering. We deliver performance-based IT services at global scale, operate and defend the DoD’s global network and migrate IT infrastructure to cloud-based solutions. E&CS focuses in enterprise IT operations and modernization, cloud enablement, cybersecurity solutions and application/system integration. Washington Technology Top 100 ranks Leidos #1 for 2018 in the federal market areas of IT, professional services, telecommunications and other high-tech services.
In this role, as the Business Development leader for the E&CS, you are expected to thrive in an environment where you are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals in a high-paced environment. In this position, you will be accountable for the BD performance of the organization including Awards, Pipeline Growth, Customer Relationship Management, business strategy development, and management of annual New Business Funds. You will lead a team of direct report BD professionals (Capture Staff, Account Managers, and Proposal Staff). You will build and maintain a healthy pipeline of opportunities and execute cost-effective win strategies to achieve annual financial objectives. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to strategize, define, implement and execute strategic campaigns to drive growth. You will define operational rhythms and report on overall health of the pipeline for the operation as well as the individual divisions. Essentially, you will drive Leidos’ expertise into new and evolving mission areas.
- Partners with the Operations SVP to support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline growth.
- Identifies, develops, and implements near-term and long-term business strategies that provide the business an opportunity to grow revenue.
- May have other business development activities, such as investigating and evaluating potential mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, geographic expansions, licensing, partnerships, joint ventures, new business/market opportunities and sustainability to determine if such activities are in line with the organization's overall strategy and vision.
- Continuously monitors the market to keep track of competitor developments and their impact on market share.
- Participates in business planning activities, to include biweekly pipeline reviews, bid agenda development, opportunity collaboration sessions and gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal writing and reviews.
- Monitors the Operation’s pipeline, establishes BD priorities and recommends the allocation of resources. Manages a team of up to 20 business development professionals.
- Establishes and measures progress with the Operations’ priorities and annual operating plan targets for qualified pipeline growth, win rates, submits and awards.
- Develops and implements the Operations’ strategy based on market research and Corporate direction.
- Coordinates with Leidos organizations who perform emerging technologies in other markets. Coordinates meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Develops and supports strategic partnerships with industry leaders, driving innovation and new business opportunities.
- Represents Leidos in the industry through participation in industry-related organizations, conferences and panels.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15 years of related experience or Master’s degree with 13+ years of relevant experience.
- 13+ years of experience supervising or leading business development teams or programs
- Proven track record of successful capture and pipeline management across multiple Defense organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience working directly with Defense Community and Government and DoD personnel
- Experience with Government/DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners
- Travel as required 10% -20% per month
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline
- Active Secret level clearance
- A technical degree is highly desired. Advanced degree preferred
- Experience in cyber or information technology preferred
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos
- Management of a pipeline of opportunities with a value of $5 billion or greater. Management of a pipeline of opportunities in the enterprise IT operations, cybersecurity or system integration preferred.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $210,000.00 - $280,000.00 - $350,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.