Leidos Intelligence Group is seeking a Systems Engineer to support an IT-oriented office which aims to revolutionize intelligence analysis by creating and supporting tools that enable analysts to create and publish analytic products more effectively. This position will support the client’s jointly-developed analysis production and publication applications, which involves constant collaboration with the client’s IT partners and users of the applications to ensure the full range of user needs are captured and managed. In particular, with the following work requirements, the client seeks technical concept and design support related to the systems engineering of its applications and software features in order to improve customer experience and ensure development meets customer needs.
The Systems Engineer will analyze and study complex system requirements and formulate technical concept and design ideas, such as IT software workflows, to meet the user’s needs. The Systems Engineer will attend regular team meetings to discuss ongoing application updates and improvements, and help the product owner and development team to achieve customer satisfaction. They will determine the cause of any application issue and explain the best solution to solve it, or document the issue for further research and follow up, if needed, to ensure resolution. The ideal candidate will collaborate with local and community end users, collaborate with the client and its development partners, and build sustainable relationships of trust through timely, open and interactive communication. The Systems Engineer will perform strategic systems planning, business information planning, and analysis, and analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional activities.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance.
- Demonstrated experience applying business process improvement practices to re-engineer methodologies and principles, such as redesigning technical workflows within applications.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with team members, customers, service providers and developers to identify requirements.
- Demonstrated experience supporting project managers and subject matter experts, planning projects, developing contingencies, and producing schedules.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing standards for information systems procedures.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and connecting IT systems, as appropriate, to increase compatibility so information can be shared.
- Demonstrated experience developing analytical and computational techniques and methodologies for problem solutions.
- Demonstrated experience developing and applying organization-wide information models for use in designing and building integrated, shared software and database management systems.
- Demonstrated experience developing block diagrams and logic flow charts to translate detailed designs into computer software.
- Demonstrated experience ensuring the logical and systematic conversion of customer and product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Demonstrated experience reviewing existing programs to assist in making refinements, reduce operating time, and improve current techniques.
- Demonstrated experience expanding or modifying a system to serve new purposes or improve workflows.
- Demonstrated experience preparing required documentation, to include both program-level and user-level documentation.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the client’s analytic workflows or experience identifying the needs of analysts at the Sponsor’s organization.
- Demonstrated experience of JIRA and Confluence project management software.
- Demonstrated experience resolving problems, to include organizing and structuring solutions to complex problems.
- Demonstrated strong coordination and collaboration skills with ability to work successfully across organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrated experience advising and assisting Sponsor team members with the communication of potential feature designs to development teams.
- Demonstrated experience providing users with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems.
- Demonstrated experience testing, debugging, and refining software to produce the required product.
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.