Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Leidos Aviation Integration, Maintenance, Sustainment and Safety (AIMSS) Branch currently has a career opening for a Ground & Flight Test Engineer for multiple Airborne Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (A-ISR) programs in Manassas, VA.
What’s in it for you?
The job of the Ground & Flight Test Engineer is to perform day-to-day execution of the Test and Evaluation program for A-ISR systems. The candidate will participate as part of a multi-company team to develop, document, and execute a Test and Evaluation Program within these AISR programs. The candidate should possess knowledge of formal Test and Evaluation plans, procedures, and the verification & validation (V&V) process to meet requirements.
Interested candidates should possess a Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI eligibility, be able to pass a class II flight physical, altitude chamber physiology course, and water survival training course, be able to complete a favorable Counter-Intelligence polygraph, and be willing to work shift hours / able to support surge operations.
The AIMSS team is located at Manassas, VA. A minimum of 10% travel may be required to support training and test events as well as CONUS test ranges. The Ground & Flight Test Engineer will report to the Test and Evaluation Lead Engineer located in Manassas, VA.
THE CHALLENGE (primary responsibilities)
- Participate in test planning meetings
- Create test procedures to meet system performance requirements
- Execute test procedures
- Document test results
WHAT SETS YOU APART (basic qualifications)
- Active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret SCI clearance with a favorable CI Polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Aviation, ISR, or other related technical discipline and 6 years’ experience in the same or 8 years’ experience in the same with no degree.
- Civilian and/or military experience with test and evaluation processes.
- Civilian and/or military experience with aviation programs.
- Civilian and/or military experience with ISR programs.
- Possess strong problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook).
Security Clearance Requirement
-Active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret SCI clearance with a favorable CI Polygraph.
A minimum of 10% travel may be required to support training and test events as well as CONUS test ranges.
- Experience in formal testing and documentation to include: Developmental Test and Evaluation (DT&E), Limited User Test (LUT), and Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E)
- Experience with Modular Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) testing
- Experience with Requirements Verification Traceability Matrix (RVTM) and requirements-based testing
- Experience with Airworthiness Qualification Plan (AQP) / Airworthiness Qualification Specification (AQS) testing and securing Airworthiness releases from government authorities.
- Flight Performance and Handling Qualities (FPHQ) testing and FAA type certification.
- Experience with integrating networking hardware/software into ISR Ground Stations and Airborne Platforms
- Understanding of Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination (PED)
- Communications Intelligence (COMINT) sensor experience
- Electronic Intelligence (ELINT) sensor experience
- Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) sensor experience
- Moving Target Indicator (MTI) and/or Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) sensor experience
- Tactical radios/COMSEC experience
- Link-16 certification testing
- Transponder certification testing
- LOS/BLOS data links
- Security+ and/or Networking+
- Working knowledge of RedHat Linux, VMware, and ESXI
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.