The Cloud Engineer has experience with the architecture, design and implementation processes for key Cloud Service Providers. The Senior Cloud Engineer must be able to learn about new cloud technologies and understand how to implement cyber security services within new and existing environments. The Senior Cloud Engineer must be able to work with Cloud Service Providers and other CSSP members to architect Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) capabilities to be used at all levels of the Department of Defense.
We have a need for a proactive Cloud Engineer to help with executing DCO services in a cloud computing environment and assist with establishing new tools, techniques, and procedures to address DCO needs, including but not limited to: developing new log ingest methodologies, developing scripts via Python to enhance organizational automation capabilities, working directly with customers to design and recommend engineering solutions to enable effective cybersecurity monitoring.
- Leverage cloud knowledge and skills to design, engineer, implement and sustain cloud-based cybersecurity services for critical DOD systems and services
- Work with peer-teams to establish new cloud services and in pursuit of the migration to infrastructure as code
- Utilize knowledge of DevSecOps best practices to establish internal processes which align with recommended solutions
- Utilize Python and Ansible to automate a multitude of technical and administrative processes
- Recommend and implement micro-service architectures for cloud and on-premise systems
- Work directly with subscribers (customers) to design technical solutions to achieve organizational monitoring objectives
- Use knowledge and skills to build effective CI/CD pipelines
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of experience in an IT-discipline. Additional advanced certifications (i.e. CISSP) may be considered in lieu of degree and/or experience.
- Excellent customer service skills, with experience working in a customer-facing position for a minimum of 4 years.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- High-degree of proficiency with Python
- Experience with Ansible, AWS console, Elastic, AWS, Azure, Jira, Confluence, Git, Bitbucket and various cloud Software as a Service (SaaS) offerings
- Experience supporting monitoring efforts for all common cloud service models, such as: EITaaS, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, etc.
- Experience onboarding customer log-data from AWS and Azure to on-premise or cloud-based analysis environments such as Elastic or Splunk
- Must have a DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) to start, and CSSP certification within 90 days
- Active DoD Secret clearance and TS with SSBI or TS/SCI preferred.
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certification
- At least two years of experience working with an enterprise Elastic instance
- Implementing serverless architectures and environments
- Experience with migrating workloads to the cloud
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.