This Principal Cloud Engineer is bridging the cloud with code and will require significant DevOps experience. In this role you will design, develop, and implement a Cloud-based AWS architecture that software development teams can leverage to integrate with their services. This role works directly to implement teams to provide technical guidance and implementation priorities related to cloud implementation.
This role provides technical leadership and delivers an innovative product, service, or a combination of products and services that address a customer's specific requirements. Support the development of enterprise software solutions within AWS. Duties include developing innovative approaches and solutions, using non-quantitative tools and guidelines from past experiences. This role provides execution guidance and practical engineering support to mission teams working with the strategic guidance from the Cloud Engineering Lead. This role focuses on the development, design and integration of information sharing or entity resolution capabilities within the context of a broader cloud-based data architecture.
• Significant experience in Cloud Technologies (specifically AWS) and infrastructure-as-code concepts
• Great oral and written communications skills
• Experience interacting with cross functional project teams including Software Development, System Engineering/ Verification and Validation, Security, Compliance and Quality Assurance
• Substantial experience working in Agile, SAFe, and Scrum environments
• Experience working with DevOps CI/CD related technologies and deployment automation techniques (e.g. Ansible, Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Confluence, Sonar Lint, and Junit)
• Knowledge of Software Configuration Management life cycle deliverables.
• Must have a BS degree and 20+ years of prior relevant experience or a MS degree and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or a PhD and 13 years of prior relevant experience.
• Must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph.
• Must be a US Citizen.
• AWS certifications
• Experience working with large scale data technologies (e.g. AWS Aurora, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, etc.)
• Experience working within a low to high development/deployment environment
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.