Leidos currently has an opening for a Technical Operations Lead to support the Digital Innovation for GSA Infrastructure Technologies (DIGIT) program.
As a highly regarded leader with a strong technical background, managing teams of network engineers, telecom personnel, and platform managers, the Technical Operations Lead is expected to work across the program to enhance operational value, drive down costs and deliver infrastructure, orchestration, capabilities, and processes that enable best in class customer experiences.
The Technical Operations Lead should naturally innovate and integrate new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to the program. Identify how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advise accordingly. Proactively learns innovative solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems, while providing strategic leadership, technical consultation, and operational oversight for enterprise-wide IT network infrastructure.
The Technical Operations Lead will lead employees in performance management by providing clear expectations of performance and behavior, ongoing feedback, and honest appraisal of results with an emphasis on building a high-performing team with a culture of speed, excellence, and collaboration. Coaches and empowers team members by providing both personal and professional development opportunities.
This position is 100% telework, but must be U.S. based. Per the contract, U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status is required.
This position shall perform the following (to include but not limited to) activities:
- Maintains pace with technological progress and program needs by directing continual improvements of IT staff, equipment, and procedures.
- Enhance relationships with key business stakeholders as well as peers inside the program
- Require after-hours involvement to maintain Production Systems and related ancillary applications
- Responsible for the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the network infrastructure including IP engineering/operations, telephone engineering/operations, and transport engineering/operations
- Works with the team to manage overall day-to-day operations to improve infrastructure costs, performance, and end-user satisfaction, and recommends process improvements to the innovation team to enhance delivery using AI/ML
- Reviews and approves project budgets, plans, and schedules to ensure compliance with program Project Planning and Reporting standards and sound business practices
- Meets with clients, representatives of other companies, vendors, subcontractors, government agencies, etc., typically at the middle management level to present organization views or discuss program changes
- Escalate issues to vendor and third-party entities, as necessary and directed by the Government.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 14+ years of experience. Additional experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- ITIL v4 Foundations Certification or higher obtained within the first 60 days of the hire date
- Demonstrated Experience with BGP, SD-WAN (Software Defined Wide Area Network), IPsec, GRE, Cloud Networking, Wi-Fi, DNS, SMTP, virtualization, etc.
- Experience using SolarWinds or other network monitoring tools and a hybrid data center
- Extensive hands-on experience with design, development, and implementation of IT systems, networks, and leading a 24x7x365 NOC (Network Operations Center)
- Experience as a leader with a proven record of accomplishment in managing a large team and using ServiceNow metrics to evaluate and enhance team performance
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) Strategic Leader and SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) Agile certifications desired but not required
- Cisco or other networking certifications highly desired
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Chat, Meet, Docs, Slides, Sheets), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Slack, and ServiceNow.
- Must be willing to work a variety of shifts, including holidays as scheduled.
- Experience as a remote worker demonstrating time management and self-discipline with cultural change management and an agile mindset.
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.