The Leidos NISC IV program is looking for a Computer Software Engineer to join our team in Washington, DC and support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The ideal candidate must be able to handle multiple mission critical IT projects from new development to sustainment. The candidate must have hands-on experience developing large and complex IT projects while ensuring a quality outcome.
This position is responsible for the architecture of IT solutions that includes complex systems for the federal government. The candidate must have experience designing and implementing Angular Technology with PostgreSQL or similar relational database solutions.
Build web applications that consume web-based Representational state transfer (REST)ful APIs (or Web Service) using frameworks such as Angular or React and cloud-based enterprise applications using load-balancing technologies.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or similar area and 6+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience..
• Customer facing experience
• PostgreSQL or relational database including stored procedures and triggers
• Experience working with JIRA
• Experience building web applications that consume web-based Representational state transfer (REST)ful APIs (or Web Service) using frameworks such as Angular or React.
• Experience of CSS grid layout and/or CSS frameworks like Bootstrap or Materialize
• .Net Framework, .Net core 5.0+
• Experience providing rough order of magnitude cost estimates for proposed solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to engage customers to resolve root cause issues in a positive, non-adversarial manner.
• Great organization skills to prioritize, follow up, deliver, and communicate status of assigned actions.
• Deep analytical skills to understand complex procedural problems, identify root causes, and provide solutions.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
• Master’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
• Cloud and AWS
• Linux, Red Hat Operating system, Apache configuration
• Configuration Manage Processes
• Familiarity with Source code management and integration (ex – Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins)
• Experience with HP Fortify Security Scan
• Familiarity with the Federal Government work environment.
• Familiarity with GIT.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.