The Defense group at Leidos has a career opening for an Information Assurance Engineer on a DISA contract. This role is primarily on the customer site at Ft. Meade, MD. The information Assurance Engineer will provide "cradle-to-grave" support for assigned systems at the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).
- Perform ISSO responsibilities, including acting as a point of contact and subject matter expert for all cybersecurity related requirements to the assigned information systems, ensuring systems are maintained per security policies and procedures while maintaining compliance and ongoing reporting to management.
- Conduct regular briefings with the customer on cybersecurity status, including preparing briefing materials.
- Work closely with government Information Assurance team to support Interim Authorization to Operate (IATO) and Authorization to Operate (ATO) accreditation conditions and requirements. Coordinate and support site visits / audits, including System Readiness Reviews (SRR) and Site Assistance Visits (SAV).
- Author, review, coordinate and submit required artifacts to eMASS (including change requests) to achieve milestones such as Interim Authority to Test (IATT) and ATO in accordance with the project schedule.
- Submit and gain approval of Ports, Protocols and Services Management (PPSM) updates, including CLSA and exception form submissions.
- Develop and update assessment and authorization documentation (Body of Evidence) for management and continuous monitoring of information systems.
- Procedures (TTP), Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) and Federal Information Security Management
- Perform information system Assessment and Authorization planning, testing, assessing and liaison activities, including security scans, scan results analysis and audit trail log reviews. Document scan results and findings according to NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes. Conduct regular privileged user management reviews. Evaluate software and hardware during pre-acquisition phases to determine its ability to meet minimum security requirements based on NIST SP 800-53 security controls.
- Assist with the implementation of security procedures, and verify information system security requirements, including coordinating the execution, review, and disposition of STIG checklists for systems, applications, developed code and other components.
- Conduct ongoing security reviews and tests of systems to verify security features and controls are functional and effective. Take corrective action to resolve identified vulnerabilities.
- Requires BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance and ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance with SCI.
- Hold and active security certification that meets DOD 8570 IAT level II or higher, such as Security+
- The qualified candidate shall have excellent customer service skills and the ability to work independently, prioritize, schedule, and complete multiple tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and self-assign work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with an in-person and geographically diverse virtual team, including the ability to clearly articulate status and present to both customers and program leadership. Candidate shall have the ability to develop and present management level briefings.
- Demonstrate potential and willingness to learn and adapt to rapid changes in technology.
- Vulnerability assessment and analysis experience utilizing ACAS/NESSUS and DISA STIGs
- Experience with DoD implementation of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and governing directives (NIST, CNSS, DSS, etc.)
- NIST RMF Assessment and Authorization (A&A) experience.
- Experience with operating IT security tools, such as ACAS, HBSS, DISA STIGs
- IP network infrastructure experience
- Prior experience working Cybersecurity in accordance with US Government (USG), Department of Defense (DOD).
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.