The Leidos Innovations Center has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Engineer in Vista, Ca. This is an exciting opportunity be part of a team dedicated to adding value through DFM, DFA, and documentation to existing and developing products with the goals of improving production success (quality, repeatability, and reliability).
Existing areas of work support the inhouse low-rate production of advanced nuclear detection and radiography safety equipment for law enforcement and interdiction personnel. Developing areas would be work product needed to transfer or transition products or services to high-rate production facilities.
Emphasis is on production improvements and introduction with mechanical and electrical troubleshooting capabilities.
- Develop assembly, integration, and test processes and procedures for the manufacture of products and services. Establish test, serialization, and traceability data requirements.
- Collaborate with team design engineers, by representing manufacturing disciplines to help identify and resolve potential manufacturing problems prior to production release. Reliability and logistics background is a plus.
- Use judgment to perform technical troubleshooting and diagnosis of failed equipment and support root cause analysis.
- Participate in material review board; develop rework and repair instructions; support supplier development; propose engineering changes. Confer with design, production, and supply chain personnel to resolve issues.
- Perform data analysis and write technical reports.
- BS and 5+ years of relevant manufacturing experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior experience.
- Well-organized, reliable, attention to detail, demonstrated personal initiative. Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload. Good interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate work with others. Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Solidworks mechanical modeling, drafting, and Solidworks PDM. Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and solid models, specifications, checklists, and work instructions.
- Experience reviewing and documenting technical data packages for military products.
- Entrepreneurial approach to roles and responsibilities. Job Shop to Discrete manufacturing environment with inconsistent maturity of work product transitioning into the production line.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Demonstrated leadership of small technical teams and projects.
- Experience with rapid prototyping techniques including 3d printing.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint or similar MRP/ERP integrated accounting and materials management system desired.
- Configuration Management experience using Solidworks PDM.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.