Computer Operator to support an IT program for The Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services Internal Service Desk. The service desk consists of a centralized service desk and related roles tied to specific networking/telecom functions. The centralized service desk is the entry point and owner of first tiers of support (based on Information Technology Infrastructure Library’s [ITIL®] definition of tiers). Requests are received via phone calls, emails, chats, and web submittals.
Days are Friday through Tuesday with start time of 8pm MST and end time of 4:30am MST
The service desk is responsible for (1) delivering remote IT support by creating, maintaining, and using knowledge articles and (2) performing basic troubleshooting to resolve, capture, report, or route incidents and requests. Some of the service desk's functions are replicated in the network/telecom areas.
The responsibility of a Computer Operator is to provide in-depth procedural & technical computer end-user support with the highest level of customer satisfaction. Support will be provided using inbound phone calls, inbound chat, inbound & outbound email, instant messaging or other tools as assigned & available. In some cases, the Computer Operator will dispatch service requests & escalate issues to appropriate points of contact defined within the support organization.
Position requires shift flexibility to support a 24x7 operation 365 days a year. Must be available to work nights, holidays and weekends on short notice.
This work is currently being performed remotely, however must be within commutable driving distance to Leidos office in Albuquerque, NM.
- Resolve basic issues remotely by phone and email support that have been reported by the customer. Upon completing additional training, you will move to resolve more complex issues.
- Provide comprehensive Phone and Email Support for the efficient resolution of incidents & requests for end-users.
- Upon completing additional training, assist in various scopes of the Service Desk as needed by the business. Resolve more complex hardware & software problems utilizing this additional training & expertise.
- Appropriately document all required information into the ticketing system & the knowledgebase. Efficiently & accurately identify the customer’s specific information.
- Resolve issues as appropriate on the first point of contact or within the appropriate timeline.
- Meet required productivity expectations, including Service Center metrics.
- Route & Dispatch the service request, incident or change request to the appropriate IT support group or next level Tech, for resolution.
- Maintain & contribute to the in-house knowledgebase; Analyze content of resolved tickets & promote information to knowledgebase articles as appropriate, while keeping knowledgebase articles current.
- Possess the capacity to work independently & effectively while maintaining positive productivity levels.
- Maintain a positive relationship with fellow peers, cross functional teams & leadership.
- Other duties assigned as necessary.
- Obtain & maintain a Public Trust Clearance; All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered
- High School Diploma
- Ability to type 35 WPM
- Demonstrated experience with Mac and Windows Operating Systems and hardware
- 1-2 plus year(s) of PC support, diagnostic/troubleshooting, & repair experience is desired.
- Must have a working knowledge of PC operations which include: Hardware, network settings, operating system, & MS Office applications.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related discipline.
- Any Technical Certifications, ie: A+, NET+, ACMT, Microsoft Fundamentals, etc.
- ITIL v4 Foundations Certification.
- Ability to type 40+ WPM
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.