The Leidos Innovations Center has an immediate opening for a Production Floor Manager to work in Vista, CA. This is an exciting opportunity to leverage your experience managing the production assembly, fabrication of materials, and test operations of existing and developing product lines. Existing areas of work support the low-rate production of products to include handheld detectors to aid law enforcement and interdiction personnel, X-ray imaging systems, and various types of sensor systems. Emphasis is on production, product development and transitioning products to production.
- Managing production assembly, fabrication of materials, test operations including set-up calibration and operation of machines used in the production process, and manufacturing engineering.
- Ensure that high-quality manufacturing production operations happen on schedule and within the cost objective.
- Leads, directs, and reviews the work of team who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Coordinates with materials, program manager, and hourly personnel.
- Direct supervisor for hourly assemblers, technicians, and temps. Provides primary input to hiring, firing, promotion, performance, and rewards decisions for direct reports.
- Experience in root cause analysis and troubleshooting.
- BS and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
- 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of manufacturing or production processes, projects, and tactics within the production environment.
- Has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific electrical or mechanical manufacturing setting.
- Well-organized, reliable, attention to detail, demonstrated personal initiative.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate work with others. Good oral and written communication skills.
- Some technical/troubleshooting background a plus.
- B.S. degree or higher
Pay Range:Pay Range $72,150.00 - $111,000.00 - $149,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.