The Leidos Innovations Center has an immediate opening for a Configuration Manager to work in Vista, CA. This is an exciting opportunity to leverage your experience managing the product design changes of our existing and developing product lines. Existing areas of work support the production of products to include handheld detectors to aid law enforcement and interdiction personnel, X-ray imaging systems, and various types of sensor systems. Emphasis is on production, product development and transitioning products to production.
- Ensures configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness and proper authorizations.
- Run CCB meetings interfacing to responsible parties from production and engineering teams.
- Manages PDM/SVN, ECNs in Costpoint.
- Support test procedure, traveler, and work instruction development.
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on program deliverables.
- Develops technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
- Develops solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge.
- Oversees entire projects or processes at our production facility.
- BS and 4+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Experience designing and managing a CMDB.
- Experience in managing development and delivery of multiple overlapping design reviews.
- Experience managing hardware and software configuration baselines.
- Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results.
- Able to influence team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Well-organized, reliable, attention to detail, demonstrated personal initiative. Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate work with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with PDM/SVN and Costpoint.
- Experience implementing a CM program to control all aspects of CM.
- Experience with prototype design reviews leading to a production level readiness.
- Experience working in an AGILE environment.
- Root cause analysis experience
- B.S. degree or higher
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.