The Leidos Innovations Center has an immediate opening for a Senior Assembler to work in Vista, CA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your technical skills to support the assembly of products supporting first responders and border agents. Advancement opportunity in assembling engineering prototypes to help mature Leidos technical innovations as they move toward production. Existing areas of work support the low-rate production of products to include handheld detectors to aid law enforcement and interdiction personnel, X-ray imaging systems, and various types of sensor systems. Emphasis is on production, product development and transitioning products to production.
- Follow work instructions/test procedures to produce assemblies and products.
- Troubleshoot and resolve routine technical problems.
- Collaborate with engineering and quality assurance support staff.
- Use of basic hand and power tools.
- Completing manufacturing paperwork to include travelers/routers, test data sheets, work instruction sign offs, etc.
- Contribute to process and product improvement.
- 3+ years of mechanical assembly experience working in a production/manufacturing environment.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Experienced with electro-mechanical assembly.
- Ability to read and follow complicated instructions.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel.
- Fine motor skills.
- Experienced with optical assembly.
- Familiarity handling electronics and following ESD safety precautions.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Certifications in IPC-A-610, IPC-A-620 or IPC-7711
- Able to read engineering assembly drawings.
- Painting or machining experience.
- Experience operating thermal chambers.
- Familiarity using Keyence CMM.
- Familiarity using Solidworks PDM.
- Ability to obtain Forklift certification.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Pay Range:Pay Range $46,150.00 - $71,000.00 - $95,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.