The Technical Writer will join a team whose mission is to provide cyber security support to the Nuclear Command and Control System (NCCS) organization within the Cyber Security Directorate (CSD).
- Responsible for the preparation, editorial review, revision, and maintenance of security engineering documents including technical white papers, cyber security assessments, architecture analysis documentation, senior management briefings, and status reports.
- Use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to create program related documentation.
- Establish inroads with the customer to ensure all materials are compliant with stated policies and practices employed by the customer organization.
- Where necessary, update Microsoft Word and PowerPoint templates to ensure ease of use and functional capability in support of the respective project teams.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals, and technical publications.
- Work with engineers and subject matter experts to gather technical information required in the preparation of written text.
- Research highly technical subject matter, organize information from multiple sources and prepare incident reports, responses, and briefings comprehensible to a wide audience of readers.
- Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials.
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: TS/SCI with Polygraph. US Citizenship required
- Minimum of 12 years experience as a technical writer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional technical writer experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Basic understanding of cyber security principles and network systems is desired. Network+ or Security+ certification is a plus.
Pay Range:Pay Range $90,350.00 - $139,000.00 - $187,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.