Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next challenge?
Airborne Sensor Operator (ASO) supporting a USSOCOM manned ISR program that will be based OCONUS. Leidos will provide contracted aircrew for an ISR aircraft providing imagery and multi-source data for both real-time and after-action analysis.
What’s in it for you?
The ASO will be responsible for routine and dynamic target area assessment using full motion video while providing analysis and distribution of multi-source information via on-board aircraft communications systems. The successful candidate will possess a combination of maturity, skill and experience to function safely and effectively as an aircrew member in a tactical ISR environment. Selected candidates will be required to operate E/O IR sensors, and communications equipment.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
THE CHALLENGE (primary responsibilities)
The ASO will be required to execute all assigned preflight, flight, and post flight duties as required to safely and effectively operate an assigned sensor suite supporting a variety of USSOCOM missions. This includes, mission planning, pre-briefings, mission system inspection, operation, troubleshooting, post-flight inspections, debriefings, intelligence product preparation and distribution, and mission documentation. The ASO may also assist with performing sensor upgrades and maintenance.
WHAT SETS YOU APART (basic qualifications)
• Must have a minimum of 4 years’ experience or 700 flight hours as an aircrew member on a multi-place military or government ISR contract aircraft, and verifiable experience providing direct support to SOF ground forces using E/O-IR FMV sensors
• Have an active Top Secret with SCI
• Possess excellent CRM skills and be able to apply ORM principles
• Be willing to deploy for rotations of at least 90 days to various OCONUS operating locations as directed by the Government.
• Must show demonstrable interpretation and analysis experience using E/O-IR FMV sensors and be able to produce post mission products using Microsoft office suite.
• Must be able to successfully accomplish airborne mission / flight operations and image analysis
• Must be able to travel to various CONUS locations for training
• Be able to obtain a passport and or visa to travel internationally
• Be willing to work long hours and / or non-regular hours with minimal notice
• Be able to proficiently operate assigned sensors while airborne for extended periods
• Be willing to work and execute airborne missions in Hardship and Hazardous locations
• Have or be able to obtain a FAA Class II medical certificate or military equivalent
• Current or previously completed altitude chamber / physiological training
• Must be able to successfully accomplish the CONUS Replacement Center course, which requires compliance with certain medical standards, a successful deployment physical examination, immunizations, and training
• Previous internal aircraft, air-to-air, and air-to-ground communication experience required
Be willing to deploy for rotations of at least 90 days to various OCONUS operating locations as directed by the Government.
Must be able to travel to various CONUS locations for training
Be able to obtain a passport and or visa to travel internationally
Be willing to work long hours and / or non-regular hours with minimal notice
Be willing to work and execute airborne missions in Hardship and Hazardous locations
Security Clearance Requirement
Posses an active DoD Top Secret with SCI security clearance
Preferred Qualifications, not required.
• Previous ISR Warden experience
• Air-to-Air and Air-to-Ground communication coordination experience desired
• Previous JTAC or USSOCOM ISR mission/intelligence product support experience
• Previous ISR and or instructor/evaluator experience in a combat environment is desired
• Previous KUSS, PRC-117, VORTEX, data link experience desired
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.