The NISC IV program has openings for a Human Resources Assistant with prior federal agency and payroll experience to provide support to the Atlanta Shared Service Center of the Federal Aviation Administration.
Human Resources Assistants are responsible for processing a broad range of personnel and pay related actions for an organizational segment., as well as receive and review requests for personnel actions, and reviews and checks for existence and adequacy of supporting documents.
Specific duties for the position include:
- Process a broad range of personnel actions to include accessions; separations; position and pay changes; service/pay computation dates; and retirement, health insurance, life insurance, and other benefit forms
- Serve as liaison between FAA and the DOI Payroll Operations Division, utilizing a personnel and payroll actions data system to input and process a variety of actions including changes to employee benefits, work schedules, union dues initiation/revocation, Voluntary Leave Transfer Program (VLTP) balances, Thrift Savings Plan deductions, and other voluntary payroll deductions
- Maintain an overall working knowledge and the ability to perform each function within his/her area.
- Foster a collaborative environment by effectively communicating and interacting with fellow team members
- Work independently as well as with other team members to accurately complete all assignments in accordance with established deadlines
- Frequently refers problems and work issues to the manager and/or team leads when guidance is not available or applicable
- Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- At least two years of prior experience processing personnel and pay related actions for an organization
- Knowledge of personnel rules and regulations governing the processing of personnel actions, files/records maintenance, benefits entitlements, veteran’s preference and creditable service determinations.
Pay Range:Pay Range $33,150.00 - $51,000.00 - $68,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.