Grow with us! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
The 363rd ISRW/20th IS currently has an opening for an Information Technology System Administrator to work on Offutt, AFB. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to help the Air Combat Command Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Major Command. The contractor will install, troubleshoot, and maintain Windows and Linux servers and other data storage systems. Responsible for all routine operations and maintenance of servers and clients to include related equipment and databases. Accountable for daily system administration issues, backups, reviewing audit logs, maintaining security posture, as well as full-scale crash recovery situations in compliance with DOD Information Assurance standards. The contractor will also design complex architectures for cloud environments and develop procedures for transitioning applications to the cloud. May also support the development of data back-up solutions and disaster recovery strategies.
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
- Communicates with internal and client project team members. Works to implement solution designs and/or processes.
- Install operating systems and software in Windows and Linux environments
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Coordinate with security personnel to maintain system security compliance.
- Setup and maintain user accounts on systems and cloud consoles/portals.
- Monitor system performance and network communication to identify bottlenecks and recommend solutions to resolve them.
- Design and implement a backup and recovery policy.
- Document system architectures and user policies on internal Wiki.
- Research upcoming technologies and develop plans for implementation
- Bachelor’s degree with 4-8 years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in system administration of Windows and Linux
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Compliant (Security+)
- Knowledge of military/government policies and procedures relating to information technology.
- Must have a current TS/SCI government security clearance.
- Experience using relevant AF systems and databases
- Experience with Air Force ISR unit
- Experience working with cloud computing and infrastructure (AWS, Azure, etc)
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.