At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable practices. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Employees enjoy career enrichment opportunities available through mobility and development and experience rewarding relationships with supportive supervisors and talented colleagues and customers. Your most important work is ahead.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is looking to fill a System Administrator/Tier 1/2 Service Desk Windows End User support position within the Analysis Solutions Division (ASD) to support the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC). This individual will be responsible for being the first contact for each of our customer calls in support of a DOD customer. This individual will help ascertain the nature of the call, resolve issues where possible, and escalate to the appropriate work group, when necessary. This role requires an individual with subject matter expertise administering Windows servers and workstations within a physical and virtual environment. This role is responsible for interacting with other administrators to handle service inquiries and problems. Duties include examining incidents and problems and suggesting and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair or return to service. This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence and analyzes existing infrastructure for tuning/performance enhancements. The individual will provide systems and software operations and maintenance support in a large, multi-enclave enterprise environment. This individual will work in a team environment to ensure mission needs are met and ensure functionality of capabilities of customers. Individuals in this role may be required to perform
technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions on customer servers. The Customer utilizes an Agile Framework to plan and successfully complete all initiatives.
The work location is in Bethesda at the Intelligence Community Campus. The work hours for this position will be 1000 to 1800 Monday through Friday.
- Are part of the team delivering a professional and effective service desk capability, handling calls and contacts for incident resolution and request fulfilment within SLAs.
- Provide high quality communication to stakeholders at all levels, both written and verbal, that clearly explain key issues and events affecting the client’s services delivered.
- Ensure that Incidents and Service Requests are responded to and that customers are regularly kept up to date so that customers have confidence that their issues are being actively addressed.
- Escalate to 2nd/3rd Line Support Engineering Teams when appropriate to resolve more complex customer issues.
- Provide telephone support to customers in a professional, knowledgeable manner to maintain excellent customer relationships.
- Ensure all tickets are logged and assigned to the correct team.
- Proactively monitor Incidents for trends and potential Problem Records and highlight these to the Service Desk Manager in order to ensure the availability of the service.
- Update Service Desk documentation for new processes and procedures to share best practice and good ideas, reducing any duplication of effort.
- Produce both customer-facing and internal knowledge base documentation as required.
- Actively participate in Continual Service Improvement Activities to share their experience and knowledge and support service enhancement.
- Support customer requirements in a 24/7/365 environment and be able to provide on-call support during outages occurring after hours.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of relevant experience, additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience with hardening Windows environments
- Familiarity with supporting virtual desktops running Microsoft Windows
- Extensive Experience with Scripting/Automation through PowerShell or other scripting languages
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment
- Extensive Experience with log reviews, incident analysis, and identification of issue trends
- Experience with installing, configuring, and managing active directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS, and other Microsoft COTS products
- Time management skills with the ability to work within an IT Service Management/ticketing system independently
- Ability to triage and properly classify incidents and prioritize work efforts accordingly
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results
- Ability to regularly work the hours of 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP along with an appropriate computing environment (CE) certification)
- TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph required
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Background in Windows server setup, deployment and maintenance
- Experience with server patch management methodologies, such as SCCM
- Knowledge of AWS or Azure cloud services and the cloud ecosystem. Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of AWS or Azure cloud services and the cloud ecosystem.
- Experience operating and maintaining systems in a Linux environment
- Certification relating to Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Certification or MCSA (Microsoft Certified System Administrator)
- Experience with SAN or network storage setup and administration
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Familiarity with Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI) concepts and solutions
- Experience with troubleshooting within a security environment
- Experience with backup and restore procedures
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.