Leidos is seeking an experienced Senior Microsoft Power Business Intelligence Developer who is responsible for driving insightful analytics and action-based reporting that measures business performance, and for recommending improvement areas for a centralized personnel security service organization.
This position on the NISC IV program supports the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), which is continuously striving for improved data, processes and developing the infrastructure for quality, error-free reporting, utilizing tools such as Power BI, SSRS, and SSIS.
We’re looking for someone who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and will create and manage BI and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge.
We’re looking for talent with excellent communications, critical thinking, and collaboration skills to function in a high-paced, dynamic environment, as well as the ability to work independently, and as part of a great team.
Business Intelligence Developer Primary Responsibilities:
- Join our team to mature our Power BI reporting.
- Lead the development of operational dashboards, periodic business reviews, and effective metrics.
- Analyze complex business problems and issues using data to provide insight to decision makers.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to address business issues.
- Work closely with Business Analysts and end users to evaluate business requirements and advise on appropriate informative views and dashboards.
- Design, develop, deploy, monitor, report and improve enterprise process data visualization.
- Develop Power BI reports, dashboards, publish reports to power BI service and establish gateway refresh schedules using DAX and PowerPivot BI.
- Work on Microsoft BI analytics stack (SSIS, SSAS) and work on investigating new tools, tool capabilities and engage with Business to propose, manage, and implement solutions.
- Develop SSAS tabular models utilizing complex DAX functions and SQL queries, stored procedures using T-SQL, CTE, XMLA, PowerShell scripts.
- Work on complex data modelling and design patterns for BI/Analytics reporting requirements.
- Develop Proof of concepts to mock up complex reporting requirements with upcoming technologies on Microsoft Analytics platform.
- Maintain, update, and manage audit reports, and oversee data error corrections with team managers.
- This positions requires a great deal of interactions with the FAA Security Team, FAA executives and individual team members.
Business Intelligence Developer Required Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in data analytics, systems engineering, or related field and 8 years of relevant experience.
- Proven SQL & Query writing skills.
- Significant Power Platform (Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate) experience
- Hands-on knowledge of Oracle and SQL Server SQL, as well as strong understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling.
- Ability to document business requirements and translate into technical reporting specifications.
- Able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, while at the same time being a solid group contributor with strong leadership skills.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.