Unleash your talents at Leidos! Grow and advance rapidly in your career by letting Leidos challenge you with world toughest technical problems.
Leidos is seeking a maintenance oriented candidate to perform as a member on a GCS (Ground Control Station) Technician team that supports RPA operations at Hurlburt Field Florida ( Fort Walton Beach)
The Ground Control Station (GCS) Technician supports the daily operations of an Air Force RPA (Remotely Piloted Aircraft) control station. This is a tech maintenance position maintaining RPA ground control stations in accordance with Air Force Technical Data. This position will also include installation and troubleshooting of IT equipment, modification of and testing of new equipment. This requires collaboration with colleagues across multiple areas of expertise and the ability to work independently on moderately complex projects. This is a 24/7/365 operation with rotating shift work.
- Providing daily maintenance support, service, repair of RPA ground control stations, support installation of new hardware, software, configurations and new system initiatives.
- Frequent collaboration with colleagues on mission specific modifications to the systems and ability to develop solutions to technical problems that a cure as mission requirements change. Must also ensure all maintenance tasks and functions are accomplished in accordance with (IAW) Air Force Instruction (AFI) 21-101, Aircraft & Equipment Maintenance Management and documented accordingly.
- Technician is responsible for maintenance data documentation, air crew debriefing complete and/or sign Exceptional/Conditional Releases IAW TO 00-20-1.
- Must ensure all maintenance actions are documented IAW Technical Orders and correctly entered into IMDS, track all pilot-reported discrepancies in IMDS and inform aircrew of corrective actions taken.
- Must have a maintenance background (Aviation maintenance and avionics is preferred ).
- Position typically requires BS degree and 2 -4 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent maintenance experience. Additional experience can substitute for a degree.
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts to include weekends and holidays.
- Must have a current TOP SECRET SCI Security Clearance .
- The ideal candidate has experience performing organizational level maintenance tasks specified in the AF Technical Order (TO), pre and post-flight system configuration and maintain mission specific equipment maintenance such as subsystems, auxiliary communications and computer interface equipment of Reaper aircraft and Ground Control Stations.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.