Looking for an exciting opportunity in a rapidly growing Operation? Come join us! Leidos Civil Group is seeking a Contracts Manager to support its Transportation Solutions Operation, where the main customers include the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Department of Transportation (DOT), as well as international entities. This is an individual contributor role. The selected candidate will report to the Director of Contracts and support contract management activities for a growing portfolio of programs with both an existing FAA program plus new business opportunities. If you’d like to join a passionate and highly skilled team of Contracts Professionals – we’d love to meet you.
The position requires the ability to create and administer contractual documents with attention to detail and in accordance with the FAR and FAA AMS, analyze unique contractual situations, and provide strategies to achieve business goals while minimizing risks.
Please note: Work location for this position may be Gaithersburg, MD, Reston VA, or Virtual based on the candidate’s experience.
- Negotiate, author, execute, and manage contracts and agreements cradle to grave and provide contracting subject matter expertise.
- Serve as member of program office team by being problem solving business partner.
- Resolve performance issues, identify risks and associated mitigations, ensure compliance with Leidos policies, procedures as well as government and contract requirements.
- Coordinate with Program Managers to provide guidance on contractual requirements and ensure contract requirements are fulfilled.
- Develop strong relationships with Government customer counterparts and internal program stakeholders.
- Regularly interact with programs, contracts, project control, finance, business development and customers.
- Bachelor 's degree and 8+ years of related experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Prefer Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Be an action-oriented, self-motivator individual who can lead a team, work independently, and has strong organizational and personal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills, including experience negotiating complex terms and conditions.
- Must have experience with all contract types and a working knowledge of FAR.
- Experience with new business capture/proposals.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities with limited direct oversight.
- Expert knowledge of industry practices, advanced techniques and solutions with discipline to develop new standards, processes, and solutions.
- Experience on FAA programs and with the AMS.
- Experience with International or Commercial Programs.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.