This role is responsible for researching, generating, and validating security controls that support the customers’ Risk Management Framework (RMF) and ICD 503 Security Accreditation as part of an Agile team. Responsibilities include defining, creating, and maintaining Systems Security Plans (SSP) to support Accreditation and Authorization (A&A) reviews and coordinating with customer security organizations as part of DevSecOps delivery pipeline to achieve Authority to Operate (ATO). Additionally, ISSOs review systems to identify potential security weaknesses, recommend improvements to amend vulnerabilities, assist with implementing changes and documenting upgrades. Knowledge of the complex environment involving shared IC networks and multiple security enclaves is a sought-after skill.
- Serve as the principal advisor to the information system owner (Deliver Owners) and the ISSM on all matters (technical and otherwise) involving the security of the information system
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Coordinate with team’s ISSEs and/or Tech Leads to implement technical solutions during development
- Prepare and maintain information systems Accreditation and Authorization (A&A) packages (BoE - ConOps/Customer Test Plan, SSPs SCTM)
- Propose mitigation strategies for vulnerabilities identified in the system
- Assist ISSEs and/or Security Engineers with implementation of the Continuous Monitoring program
- Participate in the change management process
- Active Top Secret Clearance with Poly
- Five or more years of information assurance and cyber security engineering experience
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and ICD 503 Security Accreditation processes.
- Experience coordinating with Information System Security Managers (ISSM) in testing, documenting, and achieving accreditation of systems throughout the development process, and achieving operational acceptance.
- Candidates must have a BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, System Administration, Cyber Security, with 4+ years of prior relevant experience or will consider work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Comptia Security + and/or CISSP Certification
- Experienced with various security tools and processes such as Nessus Security Center, WebInspect, Appdetective, Xacta
- Experience with Cloud Computing Technologies/Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- STIG compliance and POA&M and vulnerability management
- Knowledge of the complex environment involving shared IC networks and multiple security enclaves
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.