Do you want to grow your career and be part of a team solving critical challenges that affect the world? Then Leidos is the place for you!
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Program Management Office (PMO) is a US Government program responsible to prevent, identify, contain, and eradicate cyber threats to DHS networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services for DHS information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, cloud, security devices, servers and workstations.
The Leidos DHS CDM PMO effort has a need for a Junior Project Manager who will support the Program Manager, Project Leads, and Federal customer by maintaining and monitoring project plans and schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures. The role focuses on organizing, attending, and participating in stakeholder meetings. The Project Coordinator will also document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings. This functional role may prepare standard operating procedures and policy manuals to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively.
The Junior Project Manager will:
- Perform coordination activities to support schedule and project management
- Capture and/or support the update of risks, actions, and tasks, communicated through various mediums, as defined by the project
- Develop and update routine reporting documentation, including weekly and monthly deliverables leveraging best practices and project templates
- Attend client meetings, capture action items and meeting minutes, document any technical action items, provide input in the integrated master schedule, and communicate with stakeholders, as needed
- Assist Program Manager
- Support personnel onboarding activities as needed
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, and information
- Break projects into doable actions and set timeframes
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
- Help prepare budgets
- Analyze risks and opportunities
- Oversee project procurement management
- Create and monitor project plans and documentation
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
- Use project management tools to monitor project progress
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests
- Help project managers create and present reports associated with project performance
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- The candidate must be able to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance. This is required in order to support this program.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or master’s degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience
- 4+ years of experience with project management
- Familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of tools (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
- Familiar with project management methodologies
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Experience with creating and analyzing project documentation, reports, and briefings
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
- Existing DHS EOD, active Secret clearance
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.