The Global Solutions Management-Operations II (GSM-O II), a Defense Group of Leidos, has an opening for a SATCOM Watch Officer supporting the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Joint Operations Center (DJOC) at Ft. Meade, MD.
This position provides 24/7/365 SATCOM/Gateway operational support to the DISA Joint Operations Center. Candidate will be "mission essential" and able to support rotating 12, 10, or 8hr shifts based upon the requirement and resources available.
- Provide SATCOM and Gateway equipment monitoring and control (M&C), reporting, mission establishment, situational awareness, trouble management, and engineering and testing support to Department of Defense SATCOM Gateways.
- Provisions, activates, tests, and accepts enterprise DISN Transport SATCOM. Report incidents/events utilizing authorized email and ticketing systems. Report Joint Staff Priority unscheduled outages and/or service interruptions to the DJOC and Regional Battle Captains.
- Coordinate with other elements/agencies to include DISA CONEX, Regional Satellite Communications Support Centers (RSSC), SATCOM users/terminals, MILSATCOM and COMSATCOM Network Operation Centers (NOCs), and other supported planners, managers and operators.
- Support SATCOM network configurations, system-monitoring, customer problem tracking, and network problem resolution in all aspects of SATCOM integral to our client's Baseband, IF, and RF Communications.
- Contribute to daily, monthly, and annual resource utilization reports.
- Develop network diagrams using Government tools and software applications.
- Assist the DJOC and SATCOM/Gateway Operations to respond to around the clock contingency and catastrophic gateway and satellite anomalies, providing recommendations for restoration of service in accordance with established priorities and procedures.
- DoD 8570, IAT Level II (Sec+) Certification
- Clearance: Top Secret SCI
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Wideband Remote Monitoring System (WRMS)
- Common Network Planning Software (CNPS)
- DISN DCN OSS
- DoD Teleport System
- Defense Information Systems Network – Tactical Edge (DISN-TE)
- SATCOM Unified Net-Centric System (SUNS)
- IP Modem Suites
- DVB-RCS NMS
- Gateway Video Reception Delivery Service (GVRDS)
- Unified Video Dissemination System (UVDS)
- Spectral Warrior
- DISA SATCOM Gateway Management Portal (customized SharePoint environment)
- Requirement Repository (NIPR/SIPR)
- GTMS Remedy or equivalent
- SATCOM architecture and signal flow.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.