Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a Network Administration Help Desk and Operations Technician to support the AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 Virtualized Operator Trainer(s) (VOT) and other AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 Technical Training Equipment (TTE) labs at the Fleet Anti-Submarine Warfare Training Center in San Diego CA. Support includes receipt and processing of user trouble calls, initial troubleshooting, network re-configuration and administration. This position also includes initial responsibility for distance support Fleet Concentration Area VOT sites installed at various US Navy Homeport training sites.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Responsibilities - A Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Network support to ensure system is available for training development and execution
- Help Desk support for remote VOT sites and trouble ticket elevation
- In-person Trouble Call support and trouble ticket elevation
- Assisting Engineering team in implementing updates to both lab hardware and software, ensuring configuration control is maintained.
- Status of network architecture
- Collection and evaluation of system use metadata to enhance current capabilities
- Support engineering team in conducting needs assessments based on systems specifications, and obsolescence
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Experience in network and IT equipment evaluation/test/repair, and technical troubleshooting and corrective maintenance development.
- US Navy DDG/CG Combat Systems experience in ratings: STG, FC, IT, ET; STS, FT also considered
- Basic Linux skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education – Favorable if you have:
- Experience with AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 ACB13 or later or similar APB Operations
- AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 Maintenance Technician experience (Or similar)
- Experience in technical support in a classified lab environment
- Help Desk experience
- A+ and/or Security+ certification
- Must have and be able to maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $42,250.00 - $65,000.00 - $87,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.