Leidos has a career opportunity for a mid-level Data Scientist with a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph. This is a challenging opportunity for an intelligence IT professional to join a high performance team developing and administering leading edge software systems. Must be able to work on-site. Remote/hybrid work is not available for this position. Work hours are flexible.
Some OCONUS and CONUS travel may be required
- Involved in the analysis of unstructured and semi-structured data, including latent semantic indexing (LSI), entity identification and tagging, complex event processing (CEP), and the application of analysis algorithms on distributed, clustered, and cloud-based high-performance infrastructures.
- Exercises creativity in applying non-traditional approaches to large-scale analysis of unstructured data in support of high-value use cases visualized through multi-dimensional interfaces.
- Handle processing and index requests against high-volume collections of data and high-velocity data streams.
- Has the ability to make discoveries in the world of big data.
- Requires strong technical and computational skills - engineering, physics, mathematics, coupled with the ability to code design, develop, and deploy sophisticated applications using advanced unstructured and semi-structured data analysis techniques and utilizing high-performance computing environments.
- Has the ability to utilize advance tools and computational skills to interpret, connect, predict and make discoveries in complex data and deliver recommendations for business and analytic decisions.
- Experience with software development, either an open-source enterprise software development stack (Java/Linux/Ruby/Python) or a Windows development stack (.NET, C#, C++).
- Experience with data transport and transformation APIs and technologies such as JSON, XML, XSLT, JDBC, SOAP and REST.
- Experience with Cloud-based data analysis tools including Hadoop and Mahout, Acumulo, Hive, Impala, Pig, and similar. Experience with visual analytic tools like Microsoft Pivot, Palantir, or Visual Analytics.
- Experience with open source textual processing such as Lucene, Sphinx, Nutch or Solr.
- Experience with entity extraction and conceptual search technologies such as LSI, LDA, etc. Experience with machine learning, algorithm analysis, and data clustering.
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field applicable to the position.
- 8 or more years of relevant experience required. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with Python scripting, Pandas, Excel
- Experience with Jupyter Notebooks
- Experience with Data Analysis, Engineering and Enrichment
- Strong testing and verification skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high visibility environment
- Must have the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Good communication and problem solving skills
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph required
- Security+ or other IAT II/III level certification
- ArcGIS automation and modeling
- Experience with SAFEHOUSE web GIS platform
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.