The Leidos NISC IV program is looking for a Computer Software Front End Engineer to join our team in Washington, DC and support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The ideal candidate must be able to handle multiple mission critical IT projects from new development to sustainment.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following requirements:
• Required to have two (2) years of experience in front end software development.
• Proven experience ensuring compliance with Section 508 standards from the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
• Design and produce web-based user interfaces that drive backend servers using RESTful APIs
• Perform front end development using Angular 6+, HTML5, SCSS, and Typescript
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or similar area and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 1 - 3 years of prior relevant experience.
• Proven ability to produce visually appealing user interfaces using mockups, wireframes, and HTML/CSS
• 1+ years’ experience with Angular technology
• 1+ years’ experience with front end development (ex – Angular 6+, HTML5, SCSS, Typescript)
• Strong experience interfacing front ends with Web Services like REST or SOAP.
• Demonstrated ability to engage customers to resolve root cause issues in a positive, non-adversarial manner.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
• Must be willing to relocate to Washington, DC.
• Experience testing angular code with Jasmine, Karma, and Postman
• Experience with Angular UI component frameworks like PrimeNG and Angular Material
• Familiarity with Source code management and integration (ex – Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins)
• Experience with angular state management technologies such as RxJS, Akita, NGXS, or NGRX
• Experience with AWS cloud technology
• Experience of CSS grid layout and/or CSS frameworks like Bootstrap or Materialize
• Master’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
• Familiarity with the Federal Government work environment.
• Familiarity with FAA configuration management and transitioning systems to operations including change control board, Application Data Center (ADC), Enterprise Data Center (EDC) and MKS tickets.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.