Looking for a challenging environment with significantly meaningful work? Leidos is seeking a System Engineer to provide support to Space Systems Center developing system and software interfaces for national defense systems. The work includes participating in trade studies, scheduling, portfolio analysis, software development, demonstration, and testing of missile warning systems. As a system engineer, you would work this program in addition to other initiatives and may also mentor or lead more junior system engineers. Leidos is focused on finding the best people, processes and tools that will provide solutions in data integration and fusion, data analytics, data mining, predictive analytics, data visualization, and decision support tools.
- Provide support to the System Engineering team responsible for the change management processes, requirements, architecture, and data management.
- Assist in the execution, coordination, control, and integration activities which include: configuration/change management, technical baseline change management, test and evaluation, systems integration, and deployment of DO delivered artifacts
- Provide technical materials and/or information to the Government, other Government organizations, the sustainment contractor, and program of record (POR) contractors materials and technology that are required for the successful use and operation of the developed or programmed solution by the users and support staff that will deploy or support the programmed solution
- Develop knowledge transfer approach to encompass all relevant technical information necessary for maintaining and updating the CCIC2S enterprise to include forward and backwards compatibility
- Bachelors with 6 years of experience or Master’s with 4 years of experience; additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree
- Experience with missile warning and missile warning defense
- Knowledgeable on system engineering life cycle
- Have an understanding of Agile system/software development approaches (e.g. scrum, Kanban, SAFe)
- Master's degree in associated field
- Currently possess a Secret clearance
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
Past experience in Command and Control Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), Global Data Integration (GDI), or other key missile defense programs or areas
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.