Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Defense Group at Leidos has an exciting opportunity as Cyber Engineer T3 on our DoD ABIS 1.3 and BEC-1 contracts supporting the Product Manager, Biometrics Enabling Capability (PdM BEC) for the Department of Defense. This position is performed out of Fairmont, WV for our customers in the Washington, DC area [Fort Belvoir, MD] and Clarksburg, WV [DFSC BOD].
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Is responsible for the integration of security architecture & engineering efforts into the DoD ABIS life-cycle.
- Integrates security concepts, controls, and mechanisms into the design and architecture phases to produce a reliably secure product.
- Duties include, but are not limited to; implementation, integration, maintenance, and improvement of systems to meet specific requirements for building software/hardware components and supporting technical infrastructure.
- Works to achieve key project/program objectives and deliverables.
- Regularly employs ingenuity and creativity to develop new technical solutions and systems in order to achieve functional objectives.
- Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members.
- May communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.).
- Works to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Engineering, Science, or Technology or related technical area and 4+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active Top Secret security clearance or able to obtain TS/SCI clearance.
- Requires expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced cyber security principles, theories, and concepts.
- Must have proven track record of creative problem solving, and outcome-based delivery of meaningful innovations.
- Experience implementing engineering change solutions with new technology and solutions on a large enterprise national scale
- Demonstrated ability to work in a customer environment collaboratively through constraints to meet mission milestones
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and management to include presentation and experience discussing technology at meetings, conferences, etc.
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering outcomes with the ability to work independently and in teams
- Experience leading the development of solutions for proposals, writing white papers, RFI responses.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- DoD Experience
- Understanding of networking concepts and principles
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience with Splunk, Tenable and/or McAfee suite of products
- Experience with Firewall and SIEM technologies.
- Experience with DOD accreditation processes and procedures.
- AWS Certifications
- Security+, CISSP
- DoD 8570 certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.