Leidos program is seeking a Network and Administration and Ops to support efforts for Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT); Platform Services in Norfolk, VA. SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under SMIT, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
- Provide root cause analysis documentation to address performance management and incident correlation issues
- Provide technical direction to lower-level Platforms admin and review work.
- Lead and own the Windows Server OS including the Virtual Infrastructure.
- Respond to all Routine Platform Services, Storage and SQL Monitoring and Maintenance
- Independently analyze and recommend alternatives to design and have Ownership of all storage service backup solutions.
- Leader of incident resolution, ensure escalation of incidents, and provide Adhoc Troubleshooting
- Lead and apply STIG compliance and IAV remediation as needed for proper operation post configuration. Identify, recommend, and implement alternative approaches when required.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement the NetApp based solution and work with NetApp residents DB architecture, design, development and integration
- Manage NetApp based and SQL DB backup utilities for backup and restore
- Provide technical and operational input to Install and configure SQL DBs
- Participate in technical storage and SQL support meetings as required
- Coordinate infrastructure repairs including directing remote activities to ensure continuity for service delivery
- Perform system and database administration to ensure optimal system performance, maintain the security posture, and minimize customer service interruptions.
- Maintain records of daily activities, problems and remedial actions taken, and/or installation activities. Ensure continuity for any outstanding issues.
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Cybersecurity, Information Security, IT, EE, Network Engineering, Computer Science, or related field; with 2 to 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional years of related work experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- US Citizen and DoD Secret Clearance
- DoD 8570.01-M: Information Assurance Manager (IAT) II; Must possess CompTIA Security + CE
- Hands-on Experience in working with DoD networks, including NIPR and SIPR
- Plans implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the network
- Advise network users of hardware requirements, configurations, and limitations
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
- Exceptional communication abilities, both verbal and written, including long-form business writing on complex topics
- Ability to support work efforts outside of the standard work schedule
- Demonstrated hands-on expertise networking technologies and data centers
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and work with technical teams and business stakeholders to resolve challenges
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and communicate effectively with peers and program leadership
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.