The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a UAS Mission Planner to work with our customer at Eglin AFB, FL. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Joint Staff J6 Joint Assessment Division (JAD) conduct analysis of joint missions producing data-driven assessments and recommendations to improve Joint Command and Control (C2) interoperability and integration.
- Provide UAS Mission Planner expertise supporting the following JAD assessment
- Determine stakeholder assessment objectives leading to project task, purpose, method, and end-state development
- Develop system description, experimental test design, scenario, and metrics
- Ensure UAS data collection requirements are satisfied at the event venue
- Identify findings and observations from collected data and calculated metrics
- Determine conclusions and recommendations from review of findings and observations
- Coordinate report results with external stakeholders, encouraging implementation of recommendations
- AA and 10 years related experience or Bachelors’ degree and 8 years related experience. Additional experience, training, or certifications may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- CFR Part 107 Remote Pilot Certification
- Demonstrated experience with Group 1 or 2 rotary and/or fixed wing UAS functions:
- Mission Planning
- Flight operations
- Aircraft assembly
- Security mitigation (e.g. DoD and FAA approval, flight profile review)
- Active Secret level clearance with ability to obtain a Top Secret after hire
- MS Office proficiency
- Experience with CONUS/OCONUS UAS flight operations
- Experience with ground control system configuration for flight and data collection
- Experience with the assessment of UAS and Counter UAS capabilities
- Ability to research intelligence information to engineer realistic, operationally relevant UAS test cases
- Technical writing and oral presentation skills
- Active Top Secret clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.