The C4ISR Operation at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) in support of our newly established Multi-Domain Operations Division. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience as we build the new division and establish and maintain the new program security standards and practices. In this role you’ll use your SAP, SCI, and collateral security experience in support of our operations. You will be instrumental in the success of our programs in partnership with all services across the Department of Defense.
- Responsible for implementing the industrial security program and ensuring company and customer security requirements are met.
- Interface with all levels of Leidos personnel and government management personnel to ensure contract security compliance with National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM), DoD 5220.22-M, Contract Security Classification Specification (DD254) and Program Classification Guides.
- Self-motivated candidate that can work in an independent or team environment with minimal direction.
- Conduct security self-inspections, apply risk mitigation methodologies, support customer assessments, and implement security measures to meet requirements.
- The CPSO must possess the confidence to make critical security decisions concerning high value contracts and to implement security procedures that will prevent unauthorized access to company and government facilities or information.
- Provide clear guidance to company employees and recommend modifications to operations policies or procedures as appropriate.
- Administer day-to-day security programs, personnel processing, program reviews, document control system, audits & self-inspections, violation investigations & reports, receipt/dispatch/destruction/mail logs, visit certs, etc.
- Perform physical, personnel and administrative security responsibilities for multiple SCIFs, which often calls for requests to government security representatives regarding accreditations, personnel actions, AIS transmissions and working with other government facility sponsors to draft co-use agreements and MOUs/MOAs for shared space.
- Provide direct support to program integrated product teams to establish develop, review, and implement security standards
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with
- 12+ years of professional experience
- Thorough working knowledge of the NISPOM supplements, overprints and other government regulations (e.g. DoDM 5205.07 Vols 1-4, DoDM 5105.21 M1, JSIG and Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) standards.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently, customer service orientated
- Commitment to security - creating and delivering the highest value to customers
- Ability to interpret company and government security policies and apply them to program operations
- Strong understanding of Physical Security requirements of the ICD 705 to meet contractual needs
- Ability to manage SAP programs
- Thorough understanding of security databases such as NISS, DISS and eQIP
- Experience creating and conducting initial security briefings, debriefings, indoctrinations, pre/post foreign travel briefings and refresher briefings, as appropriate
- Ability to develop and establish an effective security awareness, training, and education program
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written
- Candidates must possess an active Top Secret clearance and be able to meet eligibility requirements for Special Access as well as SCI eligibility.
- Previous experience as a security manager for special access programs
- SAP Security training/certificate(s)
- Knowledge of NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) Security requirements
- Courier preparation procedures
- Experience developing and implementing OPSEC, Program Protection Plans, emergency action and test plans
- Knowledge of Access Control and Intrusion Detection Systems
- Experience with SCIF construction and ICD 705 certified
- Experience conducting Security incident inquiries
- Resourceful in solving problem and capitalizing on opportunities
- COMSEC experience
- Professional Certifications/Affiliations
Pay Range:Pay Range $90,350.00 - $139,000.00 - $187,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.