Leidos is seeking a Solution Architect (SA) to support the National Solutions Operation (NSO). The SA will lead intelligence tradecraft and analytics workflow modernization efforts that require data science, six sigma applications, and modern software solutions to bring differentiated capabilities to NSO customers – primarily focused on DIA, NGA, and NRO. This position requires a technical leader who is ready to both roll up their sleeves to solve hard, interesting problems as well as step back and set a technology vision for growing the business. You will be empowered to make necessary decisions but will also have the support from the business and a broad technical workforce to accomplish your responsibilities.
The SA will be responsible for building and refining technical solutions in the areas of Agile software development, networking, datacenter/hosting, cloud services, and other managed services across ongoing contracts. In addition, the successful candidate will provide leadership in pursuit of new business identifying key Leidos discriminators to address through partnership or new capability development.
This position can be located in our Springfield - VA, Reston - VA, Chantilly - VA, or Gaithersburg - MD locations.
- Establish Leidos best practices, lessons learned, and technological approaches for IT Managed Services and IT modernization capabilities including Agile SecDevOps Software Development, Network Services, Compute/Hosting Services, Cloud Services, and other modern technologies
- Spend an estimated 75% of time directly supporting key captures and programs to ensure delivery of differentiated capabilities
- Participate in and propose R&D and solution development efforts related to IT automation, AI/ML/RPA, and other modernization technologies
- Work with the program teams, Division leadership, and CTO organization to identify technology and solution roadmaps to improve mission enterprise capabilities and broad Leidos contribution in mission attainment resulting in increased contract growth and improved customer satisfaction.
- Support across business lines and programs to identify how programs can be strengthened with application of technology and/or innovation.
- Assess and mentor the technical talent and junior solution architects in the organization to meet the current and future (new market) business challenges. Network to help Division maintain a list of top technical talent performing on contracts to target providing rotational growth assignments, educational opportunities, and mentorship to create strong growing team of ready-now technical resources to support the expected increased technical needs of the business.
- Work in partnership with Business Development staff to understand and participate in the development of new business strategy assessing current and future skills and technology needs.
- Partner with the Business Development team in supporting the shaping and development of technical solutions and industry relationships via new business reviews, white papers, customer shaping calls, and the Win Plan process for larger franchise opportunities.
- Enhance recognition of Leidos as an Intelligence Tradecraft and Mission Software solutions leader within the IC.
- Master’s degree in a Science, Engineering, or Technology field - Will consider experience in lieu of the Master's
- Recognized expert technologist with at least 7-10 years of experience in mission software solutions related to intelligence tradecraft, geospatial technologies, SIGINT processing or similar.
- Ability to develop, manage, and implement a technology roadmap and portfolio
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with public speaking skills
- Ability to influence and persuade others, as well as handle difficult negotiations requiring a well-developed sense of strategy
- Ability to mentor, lead, and promote talent
- Location: Washington Metropolitan Area with ability to travel to customer sites across the region
- Potential for 10% travel beyond the WMA
- Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Clearance is REQUIRED
- Recent experience with NGA or NRO with an understanding of those customer missions (GeoINT, SIGINT)
- Experience designing Cloud based solutions in one of the major Cloud provider technologies (AWS, Azure, Google, etc.)
- Experience as a personnel manager of a staff of technologists
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.