The Electronic Warfare Division of Leidos has an exciting position open to support cutting edge high power fiber based laser system technology on Kirtland AF Base, NM. The fiber laser program we support investigates 1 and 2 µm continuous wave and pulsed laser. The successful Senior Fiber Laser Engineer will provide support to other engineers and research scientists developing new and novel high power laser technologies by means of setting up and conducting complex experiments and analyzing and reporting results. The candidate will oversee many program technical tasks and will may manage technical personnel.
• Construct fiber amplifiers, perform laser experiments, and collect data to include measurement of laser output power, spectra, polarization extinction ratios and stimulated Brillouin scattering.
• Oversee several laser laboratories and work with senior management to assign priorities and determine how to best utilize resources
• Report project status on a weekly and monthly basis in formal, professional reports
• BS degree in Optical or Electrical Engineering or Physics
• Five or more years of fiber laser related experience.
• Knowledge of fiber lasers and/or fiber optics, including fiber termination, polishing and splicing
• Ability to use and modify LabView or similar laboratory software.
• Ability to analyze data and write accurate and concise test summary reports
• Ability to engage in technical research and development in a fast-paced laboratory environment
•Ability to work side by side with technical staff
• Ability to acquire and maintain a minimum of a DoD Secret security clearance. (US Citizenship required)
• Ability to understand and abide by government safety rules and regulations
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
• Possess an active DoD Secret or higher security clearance
• Ability to design, build and test fiber laser amplifiers
• Have experience working in a government research laboratory environment
• Have experience managing technical personnel
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.