Leidos is seeking an Energy Engineer to join our Climate, Energy, and Environment Division within the Leidos Civil Group supporting the Department of Energy’s goal to accelerate commercial deployment of innovative and advanced clean energy technologies to contribute to the achievement of national clean energy objectives.
- Provide scientific, engineering, project, and technical risk evaluations for new innovative energy technologies
- Evaluate the technical merits, viability, and risk of projects and recommend technical requirements
- Provide ongoing, technical monitoring, risk assessment, and performance oversight for projects during project construction, completion, start up and operations
- Prepare briefings for customers and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Energy Engineering or similar (Mechanical, Civil, Electrical) with 3-10 years of technical engineering experience
- Technical experience with one or more of the following fields: nuclear energy, fossil energy, renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy transmission, advanced technology vehicle manufacturing, or virtual power plants
- Ability to manage time on multiple tasks and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within cross functional teams
- Familiarity with engineering due diligence reviews and project deployment and delivery milestones
- Knowledge of DOE directives pertaining to technical readiness assessment reviews, project management, risk mitigation, and program oversight
- Familiarity with project risk mitigation measures
Must be able to pass government background checks for access to facilities and/or systems. Ability to obtain a Secret clearance may be required.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.