In the Leidos Communications & Marketing Department, we’ve experienced a period of growth as the direct result of increased activity levels and business needs. To further enable our ability to positively impact business growth and efficiency, the Communications & Marketing organization is searching for a highly-qualified professional to work closely with our leadership team. From day one, the manager, communications & marketing operations, will help streamline strategic initiatives, overseeing project management and administrative staff, and communicating objectives between sub-functions including media relations, strategic communications, branding, creative services, marketing, digital communications, corporate responsibility, sustainability and other elements of ESG. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in operational rhythms, with a special focus on advising and interdepartmental collaboration.
Objectives of this Role
- Oversee strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution in collaboration with senior leadership and sub-function leaders
- Assist and communicate with executives in decision-making, program management, and initiative implementation
- Improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity
- Review, design, and execute on improvements to org processes and procedures, find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them
- Streamline reporting to other parts of the organization and administrative staff as required
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Serve as liaison between staff, team leaders, and the SVP of Communications & Marketing regarding department climate, employee well-being, project updates, approvals, ongoing initiatives, and strategic planning
- Oversee daily tasks through collaboration with team leaders, performing an array of tasks supporting various initiatives in numerous areas
- Implement and oversee quality control initiatives related to staff work and functional interdependencies
- Build and develop relationships with all employees for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies, working with SVP, Communications & Marketing on special projects as assigned
- Serve as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them, and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of a variety of communications
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 12-15 years in high-paced business or management or support role in a complex organization
- Master's Degree
- 10-13 years in high-paced business or management or support role in a complex organization
- Strong written and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience organizing and directing a team
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Experience with budget management
- Proven success in a project coordination role
- Nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.